Traders from India

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by saikiranray, Oct 3, 2003.

1. qtip

qtip

If you don't mind, who do you trade through...?

#11     Jun 19, 2006
  2. anugu

anugu

Tradestaion

#12     Jun 19, 2006
  3. qtip

qtip

I also use Tradestation, however only for my charting software.

#13     Jun 23, 2006
  4. qtip

qtip

Hello ICG -

I am sure you are well aware that trading is a difficult task that takes a long time to be successful. Since you have just started, I the first thing I suggest is to develop a trading plan. Having a trade plan written down will allow you to have exact rules on the entry and exit of your trades. Now, you might feel like you have one already, however until it is defined on paper, then it isn't a trading plan:)

#14     Jun 23, 2006
  5. crnindia

crnindia

The best part of trading in indian markets is that they are quite volatile and you get a very good profit in arbitraging even to the tune of 24% per year.

The new commodity markets which have come up in india in last two years have thrown very good trading opportunities as the calendar spreads give very good return as gereral people still do not understand the complex trading strategies.

Call/Put writing also gives good returns on indian stock exchanges as the pricing is too high.

#15     Jun 24, 2006
  6. hello, I have questions regarding trading from India

1st : Is the internet connection in mumbai reliable ?

2nd : Are power outages common ? (monsoon season )

3rd: Can a person's existing North American brokerage

account be used to trade from there ?

4th : Will I get to marry a beautiful Bollywood actress ?

thank You ahead of time.:)

#16     Jul 29, 2006
  7. OK For all those Indian guys/out siders who simply can not believe the volatality of Indian markets-here is some info.
    Indian indices (not to mention front line index stocks) jump daily up down 1.5 to 3.5% on an average.That is like Dow daily doing 150-300 point swing.
    If you trade indivual stocks & hold (if you are lucky) for 1-2 month,it can eiether go up 50-100% or become half/quarter!! That volatile.
    There are so many taxes.For futures/option there are 2-3 taxes based on the underlying value.difficult to make profits in scalping .But people who are in this game do make money.I have better options.Iam sitting in India on and off due to family reasons otherwise I live in Singapore.
    I dont trade Indian stocks at the Indian exchanges.ADR's at NYSE/Nasdaq some times.As such 6pm-2am schedule is killing.why bother day time also for a pittance!

OK I would like to meet others (prefer full time traders)who are in India but trade ES/YM/Er2/NQ /ZN/Yg/QM & US equity/index options.
    The people who can afford this type of US trading will be mostly NRI who have come back & settled in India.I visit bangalore/Chennai/Hyderabad on a regular basis. Delhi/Mumbai-No.
    Forex trading in India is illegal.Quite a few bucket shops are there now who encourage people to open a/c with $5000 & promise youngsters they can make $100-500/day.
    Even though I have been trading forex for the last 10-15 years-not that keen on meeting such new wonder boys!!!
    Would not mind meeting who are at the bank forex desk though!!

#17     Aug 20, 2006
  8. Ibtrader

Ibtrader

Hi, i am also from india,just received a chance to go through this spread.
    first more about me, i am trading futures(fixed income& short term interest rate)in european and american market ,i must say that i am pretty good at it.

however I always want to trade foreign exchange just to enhance my portfolio but frankly speaking not very sure how you people do it i.e.
    1.do you hedge it with something else?
    2.do you trade pairs?
    3.do you people trade currency futures?

actually i have never trade Fx so my questions might sound quiet irrelevant to you, but your response will be highly appreciated.

For qtip-forex brokerage house is a good option but why not think of opening of a prop firm trading fixed income derivatives,stocks and Fx.

#18     Aug 29, 2006
  9. Hello Ib trader
    what exact instruments you trade?
    I trade mostly options on ER2,ES,YM & some times options on indivual stocks (oil/commodity) & some heavy weight stocks that trade 20-50 million shares/day.
    I dont trade pairs.I dont hedge.I dont touch spot forex with a barge pole.I trade forex futures only during US time + position trade options on IME forex futures.I trade ZN futures options some times.Unlike stock index ZN can go on in one direction for months.
    where are you located?
    No interest in non us trading vehicles!
    prop firm? you must be joking!not my cup of tea.
    Spot forex brokers are mostly scam.
    open only with usa CFTC registered big broker!!

#19     Aug 31, 2006
  10. zdreg

zdreg

i read that it has become easier to short indian stocks.
    is this true or is it better to do with indian stocks trading in the US.

#20     Aug 31, 2006