Traders Expo

Discussion in 'Trading' started by MyNickel, Jan 13, 2010.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

Expos are wonderful tool to meet other traders and talk shop, socialize other than that it serves no useful purpose.

#11     Feb 15, 2010
  2. i went for the free drinks - wasn't as bad as it could have been but it wasn't good/helpful at all. 100% retail focused IMO.

if I can re-register or register a few more usernames i might show up again with a buddy for a few more drink tickets. it was kinda fun to throw a few back & listen to the snake oil sales guys have at the crowd.

#12     Feb 15, 2010
  3. patoo

patoo

I think the snake oil types are part of the right of passage like blowing up your account. When you learn to walk past them.....

#13     Feb 15, 2010
  4. Went to the one last yr while visiting a client, was a total waste of time. I was in and out of there in under 1/2 hr.

#14     Feb 15, 2010
  5. The absolute worst trading expo since 2000. It was quiet, sparsely attending and lacking any energy. The most boring one ever, left after 20 minutes.

These things days are numbered judging from vendors and poor turn out.

this may be the last one ever.

#15     Feb 15, 2010
  6. The funniest thing I HAVE EVER SEEN at the expo appeared this year. this woman named GEORGIA ANDERSON trying to start a financial news network on the strength of her boobs and supposed sexy demeanor--- she has zero credentials, but put her face on the cover of the book to sell it. really bad!

it is my guess this may be the last expo ever.

Slim

#16     Feb 15, 2010