Traders' Expo this weekend in NYC - anyone?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by KCalhoun, Feb 18, 2009.

1. is the guy at the databooth the owner of the actual company, or just a random salesman? I wouldn't mind picking the guys brain about technical things if he's smart

#31     Feb 23, 2009
  2. True, but it's always fun to go and look around ... gets you out from behind your screen and lets you know what the rest of the world is doing.

#32     Feb 23, 2009
  3. haha they have booth babes? what is this, a comic book convention? kinda detracts from the credibility of the event

#33     Feb 23, 2009
  4. ROTFLMAO :D :D :D

That soooooo fits the profile!

To be quite honest with you guys I'm pretty offended at how easy it is for them to manipulate me like that! :mad:

For next year I'm going to have to put into my trading plan to ignore them ... :p

#34     Feb 23, 2009
  5. anybody run into Robert Green the tax guy there? wonder if I catch him after he gives his lecture I can ask him a question or 2

#35     Feb 23, 2009
  6. I wasn't really paying too much attention to the crowd. I see them as people who want to learn how to trade, and hope they find what they are looking for.

I just like the Disneyland for Traders aspect of it, that's all. :D

#36     Feb 23, 2009
  7. LOL, of course they just had the huge ComiCon at the Jacob Javitts Center, so in a way, that's exactly what it is. :)

I also like to keep track of who is there now as compared to who has been there over previous years. If a guy has some staying power, there might actually be something to what he is selling.

#37     Feb 23, 2009
  8. it'd also be interesting to see if you see many repeat attendees. I doubt it, most probably blow up within a few months of attending the convention

#38     Feb 23, 2009
  9. LOL :p

I'd hope not, but that's probably true.

#39     Feb 23, 2009
  10. <i>"The crowd looked more like a northwoods fishing expo than something to do with finance."</i>

If you line up 100 nw fishing expo clients and 100 finance-looking guys, the fishing trip crowd will buy & sell the financial crowd ten times per day.

There are a lot more multi-millionaires snowmobiling in UP Mich or deer hunting in Illinois on any given weekend in season than the entire expo crowds cumulative in a calendar year.

#40     Feb 23, 2009