Traders' Expo this weekend in NYC - anyone?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by KCalhoun, Feb 18, 2009.

1. does anyone know a hotel in Manhattan that has large safes?

#11     Feb 21, 2009
  2. Kurzwhite

Kurzwhite

I am checking out Elder on Sunday 8am and Altucher on Monday, also would like to see some live action trading on Monday, just for fun.

#12     Feb 21, 2009
  3. hotels are fairly safe in manhattan. had a pair of alain mikli glasses stolen once, but i left them in the W after check out.

otherwise, never had an issue.

surf

#13     Feb 21, 2009
  4. What are all you Expo(sed) traders going to do in NY if the market crashes on Monday and the FED forced "7 day banking holiday" gets put into action??? :eek:

#14     Feb 21, 2009
  5. :D :p :D

#15     Feb 21, 2009
  6. Don't forget to ask the speakers & especially the brokers what they're doing specifically to counter the TWO bills in congress that are calling for a transaction tax on stock trades. Let us know what they say.

#16     Feb 21, 2009
  7. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

That's actually not been a very bad time in the past for me. I've had a few hundred people show up. Toni had a standing room only group the same time last year or the year before.

I was planning to be there but I'm back in the hospital, I will be at the next expo though.

#17     Feb 21, 2009
  8. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I think that your stuff is pretty safe at a NYC hotel. I accidently left an entire script of diluidid out and never thought anything of it until after I left. The amount I had would have been worth close to $10,000 on the street, and probably could have been sold with in 5 minutes in NYC, and I did not have a problem. Ditto my laptop and cloths, jewrly etc.

Brandon

#18     Feb 21, 2009
  9. Ill be there Sunday but will be disguised as an out of work Stanford CD salesman.

[​IMG]

#19     Feb 21, 2009
  10. Sushi

Sushi

Da worst expo ever. Forex and rich quick snakes prevale. What a waste. Zoo not waste time
    Seminars empty.

#20     Feb 22, 2009