Traders Expo NY

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by EvOTrAdEr, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Me and a few buddies used to sign up the whole desk & check them in early. The guys would always appreciate the pre-checkin and never show up the night before so it was win-win... and you'd get 10-15 drink tickets...

Free booze in NYC is rare... disappointed they shut that down. Was a pretty decent group of guys that would show up for the night before scene.

#21     Jan 16, 2012
  2. Without free booze midtown is torture not vacation...

#22     Jan 16, 2012
  3. JamesL

JamesL

She wasn't last year. Year before she was just sitting there and no one gave her a second thought. In 2010, I went hoping to meet her ... but alas, no lass.

#23     Jan 16, 2012
  4. I don't know about that, I love going to NYC!

#24     Jan 17, 2012
  5. Did anyone attend the expo this year 2013? what's the word....

#25     Mar 13, 2013
  6. It was a virtual ghost town, the quietest I've ever seen it..

#26     Mar 13, 2013
  7. I am not surprised. Someone said they were cold calling attendees trying to get the numbers up. I bet this will be final year. surf

#27     Mar 13, 2013
  8. I was there first night. it was all big-name retail brokers with a few education firms. No prop or anything along those lines. IBD and some other news and data providers were there.

Overall, from seeing that at a place like NYC you can tell the small businesses in the trading industry are all but gone. The environment for trading today is the worst I've seen in a dozen years of trading the markets.

#28     Mar 13, 2013
  9. what was the crowd like? Mostly retirees/homeless/cnbc shut ins/the infirmed OR younger, successful looking people?

surf

#29     Mar 13, 2013
  10. koolaid

koolaid

It was a nursing home

source: I was there

#30     Mar 13, 2013