Traders Expo NY

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by EvOTrAdEr, Jan 15, 2012.

1. nkhoi

nkhoi

yes
    [​IMG]

#11     Jan 16, 2012
  2. Nice picture of one of my remote managers. 14 years with us I think. Might have been a few years back.

Don

#12     Jan 16, 2012
  3. I went last year. got a bunch of cool free stuff and met some cool people. For free, there is nothing to complain about. These types of shows are great.

#13     Jan 16, 2012
  4. WS_MJH

WS_MJH

And cactus trader--are a lot of the vendors the scammish sort you see tied to ninjatrader or are there good ones like Demark, wsj, bloomberg, etc. Are the speakers good or more scammish?

#14     Jan 16, 2012
  5. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

No but the 1st 25 people get hug.

#15     Jan 16, 2012
  6. The speakers were mostly trying to sell their products. You also have Oliver Velez, which I say we all attend and protest lol

#16     Jan 16, 2012
  7. gaj

gaj

i've gone several times, and posted my thoughts on ET, you can search for it in past threads.

there's a mix of good and bad vendors, most of the people who are coming are n00bs, which is fine except if they're going to a seminar that's designed for advanced participants and asking n00b questions.

there IS a ton of decent information available for new people and i would generally recommend it for people who do better listening to presentations and seeing visuals versus reading the materials, because pretty much everything is available online now. unless you've got a *specific* question for a speaker/author, it's hard to get more information from them in person.

just remember that people that are presenting/boothies are (almost all) trying to sell or market something, and take it accordingly.

not sure if i'll go this year. shortening the sunday part of the expo (the main hall opens at 4pm) means i'd have less time to be at the expo - and to see a couple friends of mine in nyc in the evening. monday might be out, and tuesday is trading.

#17     Jan 16, 2012
  8. JamesL

JamesL

First time I went was in '04 or '05. It's been downhill ever since, even in Vegas. At least with Vegas, there are other distractions.

#18     Jan 16, 2012
    • ga.jpg
      File size:
      59.9 KB
      Views:
    #19     Jan 16, 2012
  9. western

western

I attended the Las Vegas expo this past november and the place was practically a ghost town. The exhibit floor was half the size compared to what it was in 2007 and there were even fewer firms. Alot of the floor was taken up by megabooths for Fidelity and Schwab.

Only reason I go anymore is to have a tax-deductible vacation.

#20     Jan 16, 2012