Traders Expo 2008 Trip Reports

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by EricP, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Give it a rest already man. Tim had a booth at the Las Vegas Traders Expo. That pretty much says it all. His rankings on snakeoil.com don't mean jack.

On a more pleasant note, it was good meeting everyone and a great weekend overall. And as mentioned the expo was even lamer this year. I didn't find any booths worth stopping at. Usually I find a couple.

EDIT: I DID stop at a booth. Esignal was there but they were unable to answer my question. To be fair it was about the API which was probably too much to ask of someone in the booth.

#11     Nov 27, 2008
  2. Does anyone in ET subscribe IDAYO and really making 50% a year constantly?
    Thanks.

#12     Nov 27, 2008
  3. Not sure, but they certainly could. I was so happy the guy was willing to take a few days out of his billionaire playboy lifestyle just to bless me with his system, and all for only 3k! I only work 15 mins a week and am already up 47% this month! wow!

#13     Nov 28, 2008
  4. Humpy

Humpy

Literally that means he halved his account every year for 10 years !
    Some trader - but it takes all kinds

#14     Nov 28, 2008
  5. Been to the Las Vegas expo last year 2007, it was interesting.

Maybe I keep on learning stuff, and the more I go to such events the less I learn, but the 2008 Las Vegas expo was totally lame.

I only went to two of the Thinkorswim classes, compared to last year there were 1/10 of the people attending and so there were very few events.

As a matter of fact the facility this time was much smaller, but big enough to accomodate the 4 cats who showed up.

In my opinion, this year the market wiped out many people and since now they have no money to trade, most " traders " did not show up.

I might go to the expo in San Bernardino since I live in LA, but the more I go to such events the less I learn.

The reason why I enjoy the Thinkorswim event is becase it is one of the few places where you have a professional trader ( Tom Sosnoff ) giving a free lecture, but all other events are about someone with no track record trying to sell you some useless financial product.

Also going to Vegas with your wife, if you have one, is lame, just my opinion.

I wonder if I am the only one who feels this way or if other people actually really get something out of " trader expos. "

#15     Nov 29, 2008
  6. Joab

Joab

tiki, your a daddy now no more Vegas fun for you :p

I agree, I would have loved to meet that group as well.

#16     Nov 29, 2008
  7. I was surprised to see Tim Sykes, his mom gave me a free copy of his book which I read half way, it reads like a novel. Timmay said something about he is making more money selling DVD's and it's more stable/continued income than that roller coaster trading.

#17     Nov 30, 2008
  8. I went to the expo planning on spending Friday and Saturday.

I would have loved to meet up with some of the ETers as I went alone.

It was my first expo and while I didn't bother to go on Saturday as I think I covered everything on Friday it was worth going.

Looking forward to going to NYC in Feb

#18     Dec 1, 2008
  9. A few noteworthy things for me were:
    -Listented to Jon Najarian - I don't trade options much but his strateguy review was good, plus he is a natual good speaker.
    -Spent time in Infinity Future's speakers room, many new to me Robert Hoffman, TheTradingZone, INcomeTrader pair.

It was worth it. Took family to Hoover Dam on Saturday.

#19     Dec 1, 2008

10. Spending more than one day at these things is painful.

In fact, any more than 3 hours is an exercise in mental survival.

:D

#20     Dec 1, 2008