Traders Education

Discussion in 'Trading' started by TKOtrader, Nov 11, 2002.

1. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Mensa gives IQ tests.

#21     Nov 12, 2002
  2. John Q Public

John Q Public Guest

I don't mean to contradict, but I think that they charge for them. Maybe once they gave them away, but there is a charge now, but I don't know how much.

#22     Nov 12, 2002
  3. Went to college about 3 years out of high school in the 70's. Stayed one year, flunked out. Stayed drunk, pretty much the whole time.

Tried college again in mid 80's, after 2 years, got bored with it, and quit. Plus I was sick of being broke all the time. Was only working part time. Didn't flunk out, though, left with a 3.8 gpa.

I suppose that's progress. :D

#23     Nov 12, 2002
  4. so you took an internet test provided by the mensa group ?? i take it you are a member in good standing ?? honestly, i would not put much faith in the accuracy--but i guess it is good for your ego.

:eek:

#24     Nov 12, 2002
  5. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

No, it was a written test in NYC at the Mensa offices when I was in high school. That is a very long time ago.
    I was a member then, but not now. No use for it really?

#25     Nov 12, 2002
  6. John Q Public

John Q Public Guest

If you were really smart, you wouldn't have mentioned it since it doesn't really make any difference one way or the other.

So simple logic dictates that since you are not really smart, you must be fibbing.

It doesn't take a genus to figure that one out.

#26     Nov 12, 2002
  7. Winston

Winston

Licensed mixologist and T.I.P.S. & CPR certified. Qualified?:)

#27     Nov 12, 2002
  8. Boomer

Boomer

i am currently a sophmore at Georgia Tech. i think that education does not matter for the majority, but one thing does matter. to trade sucessfully, you must know how to continually learn and adapt to new things. i think being successful in school can help someone learn some of these traits, but there will never be a hard or fast rule for education as it relates to trading.

#28     Nov 12, 2002
  9. Daniel is being sarcastic.
    Check some of his other threads with vlad. :D

A formal education is only ONE way to get educated,
    not the only way.

Some of the brightest people I know have no formal
    education, or only a highschool education.

peace

axeman

#29     Nov 12, 2002
  10. axeman, on what basis are you considering these people to be "bright"? On the amount of knowledge they have on a certain subject? If we are to judge "brightness" by how much knowledge (and the ability to explain it) a person has, how can not attending an institute of higher education be considered a comparable method of attaining such knowledge as attending university?

#30     Nov 12, 2002