Traders Club Webcast: Thurs. Sept. 7th at 8:30 PM EST

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by MichaelNorris, Sep 5, 2006.

1. The Cornerstone Investors Network will be having a Traders Club Webcast with Carolyn Boroden on Thursday September 7th from 7:30PM - 9:30 PM CENTRAL STANDARD TIME (8:30 PM - 10:30 PM Eastern Time). This is a free webcast, as are all of our club webcasts. You'll be able to see the charts/slides and hear the presenter in real time. Each club meeting we have a different presenter sharing different technical analysis techniques and trading strategies. We bring in presenters who who present info on various markets from stocks, options, futures and forex.

To receive the log in instructions and password for this webcast, please click on the URL below or if unable to click on URL, just cut and paste URL into your browser.

http://www.cornerstoneinvestorsnetwork.com/register.htm

I'll post the bullet points of what this presenter be speaking on, next.

2. Carolyn will show you how she uses Fibonacci Time and Price Analysis to identify relatively low risk, high probability trade setups. Her focus is on the confluence of price relationships (Price Clusters) along with a simple but powerful technique using "symmetry". She will also show you how to apply the same ratios to the TIME axis of the market to help identify turning points.

Bullet Points of what she will be covering in presentation:

* High Probability Trade Setups Using Fibonacci
    * Fibonacci Ratios and Price Relationships used in the analysis
    * Price Clusters
    * Symmetry
    * The Role of Triggers and Indicators as Trade Filters
    * Fibonacci on the Time Axis of the Market

3. I have a suggestion for you Michael. Why don't you request that these presenters state up front whether they make a living from trading or from selling their trading services. I am much more interested in hearing what a presenter has to say and sell, if they successfully practice what they preach. I realize that very few people who attend the Cornerstone seminars actually trade for a living (like I do), but I think all would find it very useful to know if the presenters are just vendors or actual traders.

Regards,

Slave2Market

P.S. I've posted similar questions during the online presentations, but they have always been promptly ignored by both you and the presenter. I really don't think that this is an unreasonable question, or one that should be ignored.

4. I can't think of a speaker that we have had speak to our group who did not trade their own money in the market. Obviously if a speaker sells products or has other sources of income like many club members do, they would not solely being making a living fromt the market alone, but that does not negate the fact they may be making a good return from their trading, regardless if is their sole source of income or not.

If I see anyone posting a question in the forum that I don't know the answer to, I raise my hand during the live presentation, if the presenter is doing a live presentation in front of a group where they can't see what is being posted on the computer. If they are not speaking in person in front of a live group and are just doing a webcast then they can see the questions themselves, as they are in front of the computer screen themselves and can answer the questions themselves.

I have not seen any posts in the last several months where the speaker was being asked if they trade their own money, if I had, I would have no reason not to ask the speaker the question, so this would not be a question I would ignore. I have seen people ask that of speakers in the past and they replied to the questions, but it has been a long time since I have seen that posted in a meeting. You would think that would be question more people would ask. As for Carolyn she does trade her own money in the markets. Since she sells product as well that is not her sole source of income, but neither does it have to be to validate the effectiveness of what she is doing to make money from the markets. I have had requests to just bring in speakers who just trade and don't have any products to sell, but trying to find people who are willing to take the time to put together a PowerPoint presentation with good info is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. When I have ever asked people to do this who are not selling any products, I have had only had a few people willing to do that in all the years we have been having meetings, but I am always on the lookout for them.

I run a special interest group at our club in Tampa where I share what I am doing in my own trading to make money in the markets each month and I don't have any products I am selling them and we have Dr. Bailey who also trades his own money, who does not sell any products in the group who shares what he is dong each month, but not too many people are willing to take the time to do this sort of thing, and to be able to come up with a speaker each month, we have to go to people who do have products they sell or we would not have enough speakers to fill the openings we have each month.

If there is anyone who is not selling a product who is interested in putting together a PowerPoint presentation to share their strategies that they are using that they are making money with let me know so we can talk about the possibility of sharing this info with other traders through a webcast.

5. Here is more info on Carolyn Boroden. She is a Commodity Trading Advisor and Technical Analyst that has been involved in the trading industry for over 20 years. Her background includes working on the major trading floors including the Chicago Mercantile Exchange, the CBOT , NYFE and COMEX. She taught a segment of the Chicago Commodity Boot Camp seminars for 4 years on advanced trading techniques using Fibonacci ratios on both the time and price axis of the market. She has also lectured for the Market Technicians Association and the International Traders Expo on technique. She currently runs an INTRADAY trading advisory service from Chicago, IL, based on her unique Fibonacci time and price analysis. It includes intraday updates in the E-mini S&P futures and the E-mini Russell, along with some bonus markets, which currently include the mini- sized Dow, mini-sized Gold and Crude Oil.

6. Curious, anyone here on the ET board already using Fibonacci in their trading? Do you incorporate other aspects like Carolyn does with Price Clusters, etc. or do use Fibonacci differently in your trading?

7. Countdown to meeting: Webcast starts in 5 1/2 hours at 8:30 PM Eastern Time.

8. I've responded to everyone with the password and log in instructions who has registered. If you registered and did not get the log in instructions, then it got lost in internetland somewhere. If that is the case with anyone, you can send me an email at michaelnorris@ij.net

9. Countdown to meeting: Webcast starts in 2 hours at 8:30 PM Eastern Time.

I have sent out password and log in instructions to everyone who has registered. If you did not that info, let me know at michaelnorris@ij.net and if you still don't get the instuctions because that too gets lost in internetland, you can call me at 813-994-8874 and I can get you registered over the phone.