Trader's Block

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by bobcathy1, Mar 11, 2003.

1. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

I think I have got it! Trading like I knew what I was doing this morning......should have taken a LATE lunch....but what the hell! Just relaxing now, waiting for the next move to come to me......

#51     Mar 14, 2003
  2. nitro

nitro

Did the sex help?

nitro :cool:

#52     Mar 14, 2003
  3. We have been getting some really great times here for moving into the groove.

A couple of weeks of really perfect sidelining stuff with flat markets. Here we learned two things:

You only make money when there is a trend.

You stay sidelined to minimize risk in flat markets.

The major key in this start up was to "tape" the 20/80 band.
    We also checked out the compound interest formula to see that a minimum steady daily profit did make progress. We did not compound it seriously by adding contracts (the postage stamp curve thing up to this point)

We also had so very good looks at "wash" trading as a way to:

Exit when there is no money to be made. This is done by working at getting out of ice bergs as a beginner who only trades rockets.

We also had a couple of people perceive the timing of a rocket going into congestion and they are doing the slalom trades (short, long, short long, etc) through congestion into the convergence then centering.

Next I introduced how to eliminate the "hair rigger" exiting that was going on. Lots of people have NLP pictures of entering, making money and then holding as it fades and they get into loosing situations. They counter with premature "hair trigger" exits and give up a lot of profits.

What I did was get you to move to slower fractals and use your indicator knowledge and signals to relax you away from the hair trigger. Then I kept you refferring to the 5 min as a standard place to start out.

The second element of this was the points 1,2,3 channel start up lines for your price graph. Once we understood the "right side" and how you see formations end onlt to begin new channels within their endings, we were able to specifically focus on the "hair trigger" syndrome of "what is going on here, now that I m in a trade?" This is the pemature critical point of all critical points. We occupied ourselves with an alternative effort and avoided the premature exit. There weresome great results posted in terms of mental shifts.

The "tape" we learned during this interval was moving to the slowest fractal that "fills" the points 1,2,3 channel with price bars like a child "coloring between the lines". You got to se the indicators and stuff working just like they do on the 5 min beginner stuff.

I mentioned having to set point 3 again like an airplane takes off first steeply and second then at a climb rate to get to cruising altitude.

Several times we have seen trends continue into the next day. Some have gone for three days.

We also have it down on the open and close that there are "end" effects. We trade after the market synchs. We just wait 15 min and then go to work. Some, intermediate and advanced guys, are watching the synch because it is info laden (later posts will get that fixed).

I spent some really valuable time calibrating people too. I think the MACD adjustments I made on Tampa will easily drive him to being a millionaire. The two parts were the "entwined" and the sequence: converge, xo, and diverge.

If you are religious and want to compress getting to being a millionaire, you have to do a couple of things. Do the three ring binder several ways. Ugh. I know you will hate this. But if you do it and say everything out loud, you will see what I mean. Look at next post for this stuff.

Today we move out to complete the fractal theme iI have running. See next post following this set up summary.

#53     Mar 14, 2003
  4. So sorry. I posted wrong place. Ignore this stuff.

LOL

I hope, though that the 4 stepper i posted by serindepity, was read by the person who was trying to shape up.

As a psychological ploy, it is such a nice and workable thing I just couldn't pass doing it to the person once we got into conversation.

nice attitude change is showing up for what ever reasons. It is always nice to debrief to find out the causal stuff and almost always it is never done. the 4 stepper is not a primary causal thing but there is definitely something that could have been observable and attributable.

The sex tribe is into avoidance... neat to know why maybe.

#54     Mar 14, 2003
  5. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Yes Jack....I started to really notice the boundries on the 13 minute chart define the width of the moves. Used that for the past 2 days.

Nitro....sex does help:D

#55     Mar 14, 2003
  6. I believe Nitro has hit on something here. Perhaps we should
    expand on whether sex is a major influence on our trading
    success. I imagine we could open up trading brothels where we
    could have a room off the main trading floor where we could have
    group sex to help combat the stresses of trading. Does anyone
    here have the capital to start such an endeavor? We could make
    Nitro the CEO of the enterprise. And Cathy the VP. Of course,
    Jack would be head of strategic development. :)

#56     Mar 14, 2003
  7. nitro

nitro

CEO??????????????????????

This is one circumstance where I would want to be one of the "worker bees!!!!"

nitro :eek:

#57     Mar 14, 2003
  8. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Bob wants to be "towel boy"

I will take the blackmail photos:D

#58     Mar 14, 2003
  9. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

That was wonderful advice....instead of seeing myself loosing money.....I saw myself making it.......worked like a charm today too......:D :D

#59     Mar 14, 2003
  10. ZBEAR

ZBEAR

Bob can just go shove it......
    .............I've already got the "Towel Boy" job.

#60     Mar 14, 2003