Trader's Block

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by bobcathy1, Mar 11, 2003.

1. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

What do you do when you have a BAD case of trader's block?
    Just can't seem to click the mouse anymore?

2. Eldredge

Eldredge

Reduce the size of the trades until the fear is gone then gradually increase again as profit and confidence increase.

3. Ditch

Ditch

Get back to the simulator.

4. would not call it trader's 'block'!

Maybe it is prudence and appropriate, well-advised caution... given the large uncertainty both ways.

Regards,

Ice:cool:

5. I call it the trader's freeze....

Seriously, not related to Iceman...

6. to all of the above -

An excellent quote from Yannis:

For me, breaking a rule that I have agreed to or established myself, is a sign that I don't trust it yet. It may be my fault and the solution may be better discipline, or it may be the rule's fault and it should be changed.

Therefore, the only thing that I have found to work in these circumstances, is backtest and/or papertrade the rule some more. Then, I either accept it deeper down and that helps my discipline - or develop a better argument how/why the rule should be changed or abolished.

[/QUOTE

Best Wishes,

Paul

7. omcate

omcate

Enter some trades with high percentage of winning, and take small profits. This process may build up your confidence again.

Just my two cents.

:p :p :p
    :D :D :D

8. get smaller and try new things.

obviously if you make money usually, then the right setups aren't there for you to confidently pull the trigger.

for all you know, your setups may never appear again (remember crossed markets??) so while they aren't working for you, find some new crap that does work...

just my .02

9. just take a break for a month or so. walk ( or swim ) LOL away from the market totally. it's not going anywhere.

relax,

surfer

10. When you have enough confidence in the system you are using all "blocks and hesitations" will vanish

#10     Mar 11, 2003