traderkay leads by example

Discussion in 'Trading' started by traderkay, Nov 22, 2003.

1. --------------------------------------------------------

If one of your set ups presents it self at say 0905 EST, on a day with early reports, do you take it?
    Or pass and wait till the open of the equity markets?

Thanks
    sulong

#21     Nov 22, 2003
  2. i see the big ass candle as a kind of a power zone. if you get stopped out with this setup then reversing when price hits the opposite H/L of the big ass candle will make up for the loss in 3/4 of cases. The romantic explanation is the big ass candle is where a lot of volume and hysteria is. So its H/L set the playing field. The further action determines whether the hysteria was in the right direction.

#22     Nov 22, 2003
  3. That big ass candle setup is actually a "bump and run" on the next smaller time frame.

#23     Nov 22, 2003
  4. nkhoi

nkhoi

wonder if this qualify

#24     Nov 22, 2003
  5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Depends on where S/R lie. If I can't find any S/R, I'll generally just let it go. This doesn't mean there won't be any, but I don't always see it, which is why I plot all that the night before.

#25     Nov 22, 2003
  6. ok well. anyone checked this setup out on your charts? any more comments? like "yo its crap" or "hm i think this does work"? if not i guess this episode of sharing is el completo. :)

#26     Nov 24, 2003
  7. Yes,
    I looked at the 5m ES charts for a few weeks and hardly found any examples. My eyes probably arent tuned in to finding the pattern like yours are and so I probably missed many examples. When you say the pattern does not occur every day how often exactly does it occur. Are we talking about twice a week or how often?

Would you mind posting a couple of more examples say one long and one short, giving the date and time so I can look at them with my charts to see what they look like with my set up.

#27     Nov 24, 2003
  8. cvds16

cvds16

i looked at some charts and no it didnt look good, haven't made a real study out of it, but didnt feel like looking much further. Dont think it fits my personality either for trading it, that was an additional reason not to look further into it.
    By the way, i personally think the study should haven been made by you before posting ...

#28     Nov 24, 2003
  9. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

You'd probably get more responses if you defined your terms and provided the numbers. Otherwise, people are left to their own devices to test it, but can't do so unless they settle on an approximation of the setup.

#29     Nov 24, 2003
  10. i disagree db. ive defined the terms in the clearest way ive seen anyone define a setup on ET.

#30     Nov 25, 2003