traderkay leads by example

Discussion in 'Trading' started by traderkay, Nov 22, 2003.

1. Hi Traderkey,
    thanks for sharing I think simple entry set ups can work really well. I also noticed on the chart you posted that at the time of entry, the futures had just made a lower high and preceding that a lower low. When you have looked at your previous trades have you taken into account if the recent price history (ie if going short seeing lower highs and lower lows on the 5 min chart) make any difference to your results.

#11     Nov 22, 2003

2. This adds up to + .25 per trade? (over 100 trades,after comish)
    Is that correct?

sulong

#12     Nov 22, 2003
  3. LOL :p :D

#13     Nov 22, 2003
  4. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

You don't say whether you have tried apply pivot levels to your charts to determine whether or not they affect the probability of reversal. I assume not, so I'm attaching a couple of charts which provide a larger context to what you posted.

I've made many posts about probability and the importance of high-probability entries. This is a good example of a high-probability entry, one which you can just enter and leave alone for the rest of the day.

Note on the daily chart that the opening high hits a relatively long-term TL. This coincides with the R1 pivot level. These two features together, along with the opening gap up, provide a high-probability entry.

#14     Nov 22, 2003
  5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

And the second:

#15     Nov 22, 2003
  6. db: hmm, ok but what does this have to do with my setup?

#16     Nov 22, 2003
  7. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

You wanted to know how to incorporate pivot levels into your trading. If you've changed your mind, just ignore the charts.

#17     Nov 22, 2003

8. db, on your chart, what time dose 8:30 represent in relation to ny time?
    Is it 8:30? 1 hour before the open of the equity market?

Thanks

sulong

#18     Nov 22, 2003
  9. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

All times are EST, so 0830 is one hour before the open. If there are reports due, I'll get up. Otherwise, I just stay in bed.

#19     Nov 22, 2003
  10. db: ok thanks for sharing (and posting charts) :) so i as i understand you use the pivot level as one of the clues among 2 other clues (trendlines, gap opens, etc.) ?

#20     Nov 22, 2003