TraderHouse, Andy Shearman, Moneymap

Discussion in 'Forex' started by vingbel, Mar 7, 2009.

1. almost as reliable as ZitFaced, Obstinate, GerbilHead (Z.O.G.)

#11     Mar 15, 2009
  2. funny, you have enough insults you throw at others.

#12     Mar 16, 2009
  3. GoBananas

GoBananas

I posted an honest review on TraderHouse Global's Meetup.com site after attending their Meetup in Malibu [which I did not know was going to be a sales pitch/presentation]. My review was NOT an attacking or insulting review. It was simply a non glowing [some good, some politely critical] review ... they quickly deleted it.

I suppose their product has some value to some folks, but $5,000 one time plus $2,400 every year, every year, every year... you be the judge.... for dynamic fib. wave and grid charts? Plus paying $200 per month for data seems high, when many have it for free. As many others, I too hate paying redundant fees for data.

Their product may soon be replicated for far less as a plug-in to other charting services or prodcuts. They will need to reinvent themselves or risk fading away.

#13     May 11, 2009
  4. vingbel

vingbel

I was wondering why there weren't any reviews saying the presentation was a sale's pitch!

Their way of reeling people in (including me) is a bit dishonest IMHO. Especially if they're deleting reviews. Like I said, I liked their system, but the price and on-going fees are ridiculous.

Do you think anyone in your class with go for it. I was suprised to see 3 or 4 people excited about the plan from my group.

Are you going to pursue FOREX trading, Bananas? PM me if you don't want to post about it.

#14     May 11, 2009
  5. Nagelis

Nagelis

A bit late (I only see this thread now), but here goes:

I have been a Moneymap software user and client for years and can only recommend it, depending on what you intend to do in FX and what you realistically expect from supportive trading software. If you are really serious about daytrading/scalping discretionary FX (i.e. what I do for a living), this is unquestionably amongst the best supporting tools around. Ideally, in my view, you should have already some experience in FX daytrading to grasp the full potential. If not, you should give yourself several months to learn how to use it properly. So in my view, speaking as a former interbank trader like Shearman, this is a pretty powerful tool.

About some negative comments and reviews here and there: some of those definitely stem from questionable review sites, and a Traderhouse shareholder dispute, and should therefore certainly be taken with a pinch of salt. They have nothing to do with the strength of the product itself or the man's integrity. I know Shearman is the real deal as I have traded many times as counterparty of him when he was at Citibank. He knows his stuff but he doesn't take any BS. Other reasons for some silly negative comments: .....''Pearls before swine'' is really applicable here I would say.

If you expect a glass ball or magic formula, look elsewhere, we all know these don't exist. Moneymap's value is rather all about researching complex chart (dynamic fib's) information of multiple time frames in multiple currency pairs and then presenting that into a small, practical to use window. As a scalper, daytrader, that is exactly what I need. No information overflow, no over-analyzing, no 20 + complex charts to study on my screens. For scalping, I need compact instant to the point multi fx cross market analysis, as it happens, in a concise format. That's exactly what this product does.

Why would I want that? As I've outlined in this thread, most people have the wrong approach to trade FX , or they fail to properly understand the dynamics of FX, hence they can't make consistent money in it and give up (and blame everything else apart from themselves for their faillure). If you scalp certain currency pairs in FX, you need to have a very good overview of what happens in associated currency pairs, even if you don't trade those pairs.

About the price: what are people moaning and bitching about? Unreal. $4,000 for a lifetime license is absolutely nothing. Bloomberg, Reuters etc, they all cost you $20K+.... per year! Any trading model, advisory, newsletter of value will cost you lots more. This software is not some shoddy EA, has clearly cost money to develop and to keep it running. Pay peanuts and get monkeys... This software has never failed me and IT support is simply terrific. Besides, if you trade FX for a living, this is all tax deductable. Some clients of Moneymap with modest account size are part time traders and earn the subscription amount in just 1 day trading.

About the courses: I have never been to one, but I heard they are very good, especially the ones in the US. So there you go, thats my opinion. I've been here for about 2 years on ET but I have never commented on products and/or services. This one I use and imho, it deserves much more credit than what this thread says.

#15     Mar 7, 2010
  6. syrre

syrre

I dont get it, what turns a fairly successful bank trader into a snake oil salesman?

#16     Sep 30, 2011
  7. if these guys are smart enuf to " map out " a strategy to get your money.........

and you are foolish enuf to give it to them....

then they deserve to win.

" a sucker is born every ..........:)

s

#17     Oct 3, 2011