TraderHawk, anyone try this yet?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by arky, Jan 21, 2002.

1. arky

arky

I stumbled across this site and was intrigued. It is a scanner that generates signals, running over RT, as it requires this data feed. It appears they are still in beta. I signed up and will watch it over the next few days. Just curious if anyone has any knowledge or experience with this tool.

--arky

2. Arky.. What tool ???

3. arky

arky

Check out this site www.traderhawk.com and if you have RT sign up for the trial evaluation. I will try running it tomorrow and paper trading the results. If nothing else it may point us in the direction of tradable activity. Let me know if you try it out, we can compare results.

4. mjt

mjt

I tried it several months ago. I don't know whether they changed the program or not, but it seemed pretty worthless at the time. On the website they showed past performances where the software made $10K on several days. I don't know how they could prove something like that. All the software did was alert when certain stocks were ripe for buying or selling. There were no defined entry points, let alone exits.

I did play with it a little bit to find out if the 'signlas' proved valid. For example, I would write down when a stock had a green 1.0 (the highest buy rating) or a red 1.0 (the highest sell rating) next to them. The results seemed pretty random.

5. Jaba122

Jaba122

mjt

you at least made it work. I tried it a few weeks ago, nothing showed up on the list during market hours, etc... I sent an email to them asking what the problem was, still waiting for reply. I even thought it was a virus, or a trojan horse... Anyway, no luck here.

Jaba

6. arky

arky

First day and the most significant 1.0 short alert was SEBL, but it was already dropping fast. I killed it after a few hours, it was taking up valuable screen space.

--arky