Traderbrad - Is this worth $7.500.00 ?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Samson77, Mar 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monetoz

monetoz

Isn't it funny how these crooks, as if by magic, come to learn of the forum where they're being discussed and rush to post a rebuttal. Well I understand, who will idly stand by while their revenue is under threat.

P.S. Curiously enough, Mr. TraderBrad seems to admit in his post that there's in fact MULTIPLE complaints against him by students other than Samson.

#51     Apr 6, 2004
  2. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

TB,

I thought I had heard just about every reason for not giving a refund, but yours is pretty creative. Hasn't tried it long enough? Can a person not know immediately that something is not for them? Are you implying that if Samson hangs around your room a few weeks longer that you will THEN give him a refund?

I am always amazed at how some vendors would rather keep a single customer's money in exchange for hideous publicity which will cost them many times more in lost opportunity.

And posting trading recommendations after the fact may work on newbies drawn to your website, but it will not get you very far here or with the CFTC.

I suggest you cut your losses (don't you teach that?) and give Samson his money back. It will only get worse for you here.

#52     Apr 6, 2004
  3. nkhoi

nkhoi

look like TB try to weasel out his obligation to refund the money and try to justify his action at the same time.

#53     Apr 7, 2004
  4. Samson,

If you believe that you have grounds to get your money back - and it appears that you do - go to the Federal Trade Commission website, and click on the upper line tab File a Complaint.
    Don't hesitate, nor let anyone intimidate you from doing so. Read on...

I'll leave the gory details to be delved into by others, but it's my understanding that it took the FTC at least a couple of runs at 'ol Wade Cook - one of the most shamelessly self-promoting song and dance men (with a little old tyme religion thrown in) who ever peddled stock trading and real estate courses - but the State of Washington and the FTC got him (still in force?) to make restitution out of his personal funds to his "students" who (at least) had paid for stock trading courses yet to be taken and who made/are making a claim for reimbursement The rulings in detail can be found on various websites via Google, etc. And it appears that he's at it again - always has claimed that he has the knack to keep cranking out new seminars and courses (for the perpetually gullible?). (One wonders if "students" still have to sign a form before attending a seminar or course of his (or one of his people) that they're not going to sue his [they keep changing] corporations or LLCs)... Bet we'd be surprised how many Cookites are members of ET...he claims 20,000 students. And one can only imagine how long a thread they could make...pro and con. Baron, better fire up another server...

S, good luck in your full refund claim.

#54     Apr 7, 2004
  5. A considerable discount was given to a recent party who had mentioned that he has had it tough in the trading world.

The party pre-viewed my Before the Bell Calls (specific calls before the market opens) for several months before he committed to doing anything with me.

The party was given several live trials as well as my Before the Bell e-mails in my live trading room before there was ever a purchase.

It is very clear that was has happened is the party has acquired my product that he partially has paid for and now he wishes to keep the products of my company and my own creative efforts without paying for them.

I gave a considerable discount to this party in hopes that he would put some effort into learning my method like the other successful traders in my live trading room have done already.

Many members in my room have Ph.D.'s, are savvy business men and are down right just plain hard workers that show results from their efforts.

I cannot account for anyone as to how much effort they will put forth into learning my methods. It is for this reason I give no refunds.

My course material is considerably more indepth than what was stated. The legal implications of going further than what was already stated would trigger action on my part.

In order to obtain the service including course materials the party was required to sign an acknowledgement that included the following provisions:

1. An acknowledgement that you would be receiving information of considerable value including certain confidential information;
    2. An acknowledgement that the confidential information that was the subject matter of the course was not generally known;
    3. An acknowledgement that disclosure of the contents of the course would violate the intellectual property rights of the creator;
    4. An acknowledgement that you might not become successful as a daytrader despite purchasing the course;
    5. An acknowledgement that the course fee was non-refundable.

Brad Caldwell

#55     Apr 7, 2004
  6. The only foolish thing that I have done is to trust someone when they repeatedly assured me that the trades they claimed to make on their web site each night where actual trades.

I REPEATEDLY ask him this over and over again.

Once I got into his live room it was painfully obvious to see that he was not taking his trades as he said he was and that his calls where completely AMBIGUOUS.

Example

traderbrad
    " Buy 1140" (the market runs 3 points in the other direction)

traderbrad
    "I reversed and made 2 points"

traderbrad
    "I hope everyone else caught that move"

3 other members in the room.

"No" "No" "No"

This kind of nonsense went on for the entire 2 days.

It was very clear after 2 days in his room, calls where break even at best, yet every night he published a movie on his web site that stated that he made at least 4-7 points per day average.

Yes I was foolish to trust your word but what would have been even more foolish would to have stuck around in your room and lost another 10k taking trades that where totally ambiguous.

Furthermore even if I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt.

You immediately kicked me out of your room and web site and kept all my money.

I ask you ... are these the actions of a legitamate trader with a good system that works?

I don't think so !!!

#56     Apr 7, 2004
  7. r-in

r-in

When I looked into your training you had a partner, what happened to your partner? This was a couple of years ago I believe.

#57     Apr 7, 2004
  8. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

Samson,

Sadly, that is VERY typical of chat rooms that call trades. There are so many ways to change the outcome that its impossible without audited brokerage statements (which the EPA has recently added to the endangered species list, so good luck ever seeing one) to verify. Throughout the years I have visited various chat rooms and almost all of them used the same tactic, pumping the winners and dodging the losers. Amazingly many people believe the lame excuses they use as to why they should have reversed or followed some new rule etc.

Just remember (and I know you know this, but for any new traders that may stumble on this thread) if TB or any other room operator was really any good, they would never share their methods and would just shut up and trade. You will get the usual laundry list of reasons from the chat gurus about how they are altruistic and are the one successful trader that just has to "give back", but don't believe a word of it. If one person like that exists, there are 1000 others that claim it dishonestly. If you are really a great trader, its much more lucrative to trade for yourself than to deal with customers, refunds, dodging the CFTC, and potentially ending up in prison as Bubba's bitty.

Buyer Beware

#58     Apr 7, 2004
  9. This is a lie ..... I was never in your new "locked" room ever before this.

If you had any sense at all you would listen to the others on this thread and follow their advise but I highly doubt you are that intelligent.

Also please spare me with your threats of reprisal it is you that will be defending your ever action very soon NOT me ... you arrogant fool.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

#59     Apr 7, 2004
  10. This is SO true WarEagle and it needs to be repeated over and over again.

#60     Apr 7, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.