Trader’s Expo ?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Jaggers, May 31, 2010.

1. gaj

gaj

trade the markets is john carter (and hubert senters)

trade the markets is NOT trading markets, which is larry connors' organization.

carter did some stuff for connors maybe 7 years ago? i think hubert senters might have as well. carter had a course titled something like "how i trade the dow".

#11     Jun 6, 2010
  2. Can you trademark something like "trade the market"? :)

#12     Jun 6, 2010
  3. Fee events are the way to go, but I would not go to all of them. There are a few people that are highly recommended, but after talking to people from their trading rooms, I found out that they are not making money, but see a positive future. Always positive feelings, but no profitable traders.

Concerning your "good list" I'm not sure about Rothfield, but the others seem OK. I would add Chris Terry, Toni Hansen and Jackie Ann Patterson...and maybe Dan Gramza.

#13     Jun 6, 2010
  4. From a price standpoint, paying $200 to $300 to attend a fee-based presentation for 4 hours seems reasonable. Because typically a formal class runs about $800 to $1000 per day these days.

Years ago I attended a "live trading" event (fee based) by Larry Williams. I was totally lost as how he really trades. Felt: money not well spent.

Also years ago I attended one of Oliver Velez's free presentations. A few years later I bought one of his presentation DVDs which was taped during a fee event. I found the contents pretty much identical. In other words, for some presenters basically there is no difference on what they present between a fee-based and a free presentation. Well...

To add... I would recommend presentations by Greg Kapra (Pristine).

However... His son: Kurt "I am not gonna get in there" Kapra is a bit underwhelming.

#14     Jun 7, 2010
  5. It's funny you should say that, because a lot of people liked Greg's paid presentation eventhough he has a reputation of snake oil. I heard that you have to believe in candlesticks to attend his class though.
    I heard the other Pristine presentations suck and theyare only promotional lectures.

#15     Jun 7, 2010