Trader2b

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by clockwork71, Jun 13, 2019.

1. An update, today was decent, although the software still doesn't 'feel' professional. Will continue to update the process. I only places a few trades at the open in NFLX and DIS.

#11     Jun 18, 2019
  2. qlai

qlai

How? PM me please if you don't want to discuss on open forum.

#12     Jun 18, 2019
  3. MotiveWave

MotiveWave Sponsor

Yes, you can use TD Ameritrade as a data source. Usually someone connecting to a broker would use their data feed as well, but you can also connect to other data feeds, if that is your preference.

#13     Jun 18, 2019
  4. MotiveWave

MotiveWave Sponsor

You would create a Workspace Connection, select TD Ameritrade from the dropdown list, enter your TD Ameritrade login info, click Add Connection, then Create Workspace.

#14     Jun 18, 2019
  5. qlai

qlai

So I don't need to run anything locally (in addition to Motivewave that is), you will just connect directly to TDAmeritrade? Same quality of data I get via ThinkOrSwim (including all regional BBOs)?

upload_2019-6-18_18-12-13.png

Sorry for hijacking this thread.

#15     Jun 18, 2019
  6. I can only speak to charting, that's all I use it for. It works great for that.

#16     Jun 19, 2019
  7. Refund? I don't get it. So all these "trade with our money" outfits charge you up front for the privilege? Sounds a bit scammish to me. I will follow this thread with interest. Not that I want to give them a try or anything, mind you. I would rather trade with my own money, even if it isn't very much.

#17     Jun 19, 2019
  8. qlai

qlai

Appreciate it. Thanks!

#18     Jun 19, 2019
  9. MotiveWave

MotiveWave Sponsor

There is nothing else to run to connect to TD Ameritrade. MotiveWave uses a different API than ThinkorSwim does, so it will be different. We currently only have access to Stocks and Options through their API, but we do plan on integrating with their new WebAPI in the near future, which has additional functionality.

#19     Jun 19, 2019
  10. qlai

qlai

Thanks! Is below the "new" API?

https://developer.tdameritrade.com/apis

#20     Jun 19, 2019