Trader with system 10%+/Mo/3x seeks offer

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by sptraderman, Jun 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. but 10% on 3 times margin is not very impressive to the guys in this forum.

Everyone here has a system. Everyone here has studied their system and then found out that the system doesn't usually work as well in practice as it does in a database or on a spreadsheet.

The reason we're making fun of you is because we've sat in your shoes and we realize how much more is required to be a good trader than just some system.

I wish you good luck in getting funding, but you'll probably need a long established record of successful trades before anyone gives you a lot of money.

#21     Jun 21, 2002
  2. Please don't speak for everyone ! also 10% a month on 3x is excellent

given I have supplied system to fund managers and prop traders for over 10 years I think I am qualified to comment on that ,

my references and trading numbers are available to someone who wants a system

if you think any more than 30% of people on here will make it in trading in the coming years you better watch you back instead of patronizing me

just cause you have a seat or margin at hand don't mean you are making it big
    ironically if you are so hot you would know this !

so who is fooling who ?

#22     Jun 21, 2002
  3. Look dude, I'm not trying to put you down, I'm sure you have a system that you are very confident will work in the long run.

All I'm saying is, so do I. So do most of the people I converse with on this board. The problem is that a system is worthless unless you can trade it successfully. If you have a good record trading then great, sell your record to a hedge fund (there are plenty of funds that will pay you well should that be the case).

Systems, however, are a dime a dozen (actually systems are even cheaper than that if you go to wealthlab.com). My own system looks awesome on paper, but somehow it's much more difficult to trade when everything is in realtime.

As for your returns, I would say OK. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think a 10% return on 3 times margin is about par with how the other posters perform on these boards.

I know how to settle this disagreement, lets ask the other posters what their systems average. I'm sure your returns aren't the worst, but I know several people that do quite a bit better.

#23     Jun 21, 2002
  4. You guys don't get it do you.

If you put your money together, you can buy the system with only 4c outlay each.

#24     Jun 22, 2002
  5. ktm

ktm

First let me say you seem a bit arrogant for someone who is allegedly so successful. Matt was trying to give you an idea of who you are talking to...that we are (generally speaking) not a bunch of newbie daytraders here.

An absolute return of 10% per month is roughly tripling your $$$ every year, exclusive of taxes - and even more on 3x margin. Suffice to say that if your record were long enough to be relevant and you started with even a few thousand dollars, your funding would be sufficient to alleviate the need to post here seeking more cash. This doesn't take into consideration any funds (read: ongoing royalties) that you have received from others who have allegedly bought your system.

I don't personally have a "system", rather a methodology for trading/investing that has been proven over time. I turned 10K into an awful lot of money and am very happy with my situation. You may have more success in the "trader's forum". There are some newbies that hang out there with many questions and some are in need of a system. I know a lot of hedge fund guys - I'm a hedge fund guy - and most/all bring their own styles and systems to the organization before agreeing to take outside money.

I'm always cynical about folks selling their systems. If it's such a good system, why do you want to tell me about it? and why do you need my money?

#25     Jun 22, 2002
  6. Look, pal, your system has been DELISTED. Pink sheets. Kaput.

Forgive me folks for stating the obvious, but we know damn well that you are a nobody and that you haven't sold jack to any fund managers. Otherwise you'd capitalize the first letter of each sentence, and you wouldn't be posting here. Even if you knew that your system was bogus you'd be putting ads in trading magazines to find some REAL suckers, but apparently you don't even know that much so instead you're putting it up here.

It doesn't mean that you can't have fun on the boards! Happy posting, and happy trading if you ever decide to take it up.

PS - post those ref's and trading numbers. We don't care; make some up.

#26     Jun 22, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.