Trader with side business of managing seperate accounts

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Sagacity1, May 9, 2009.

1. Dude, you are a dumb knutfck.

You amuse me like Joe Pesci from Goodfellas, you know that?

#11     May 11, 2009
  2. sjfan

sjfan

.... So, you want to manage other people's hard earned money, you go one an internet forum and ask for advice how to do so; some one tells you that you are probably not qualified and it's a very complex business; you disagree (oh no! someone on the internet disagrees with you!!) - gets angry, and ... well, I'm not sure how this joe pesci/goodfellas reference actually work; am I joe pesci's character? I'm not exactly threatening to harm you; or are you the joe pesci character... in which case you are making a (obviously jokingly, I hope), death threat?

Yeah... like I said, you are clearly mature enough to manage other people's hard earned money

#12     May 11, 2009

3. Reading comprehension is fundamental. Lets review class the errors of his ways:

1. Going into a "respected" internet forum on trading and the stock market for knowledge does not mean I SOLELY rely on that info.

2. On the contrary, I never said the business of managing money was not a complex business. I am simply trying to pick intelligent minds on this forum from different perspectives and experiences on the subject.

3. And whoever said I was angry, but I am amused.

4. It was evident from your first message who is really more mature between the two of us.

I do not ask for a lot, just some suggestions from the inquiry besides the typical suggestion of running off to pay an hour's advice to a lawyer without flushing out some knowledge on the internet maybe first.

I guess that is too much to ask on here.

#13     May 11, 2009
  4. Corelio

Corelio

#14     May 11, 2009
  5. sjfan

sjfan

See, that's where you went wrong; perhaps you should have said that instead call other people names when they pointed out it's pretty irresponsible for you to manage other people's money at this stage. - or, just ignore them if you think they are wrong and add no value

But instead, you went nuts..., with goodfellas references no less; I'm going to guess you probably work outdoors?

#15     May 11, 2009
  6. Sagacity, Im curious...

What qualifications (schooling and/or market experience) do you have that would be of value to a potential client?

I presently manage 9 accts for other ppl for S&P contract trading(big and small contract). Been doing it for a lil over 2 yrs. But giving advice is something i have neither the time or inclination to partake in.

You either trade for other ppl or just give advice..usually not both.

So again...your qualifications are?..

Joe, those are good questions/points.

1. I do not have any licenses currently. That is why I was looking into the Series 65. But just like you, if managing only 9 accounts, you do not need the license correct?

2 I am running into opportunities from network where maybe I can bring more income in by giving advice to some of the customers while trading in a seperate managed type account for the others.

For you, you have seperately managed accounts and that is it? What licenses do you have?

#16     May 11, 2009
  7. True Corelio. And that is the point. I probably will at some future point. But lawyers fees are expensive so I want to make sure I know what I am paying for without any b.s. Risk/reward as in many endevours is not worth it not to seek out that advice if not properly planned in advance.

Just trying to comb for anyone with prior experience/knowledge on subject to know what I should be paying for and what I shouldn't.

#17     May 11, 2009
  8. MGB

MGB

#18     May 11, 2009
  9. Wrong again. But keep up with the baseless assumptions. You are making progress though. Asking questions is good first step towards figuring it all out.

#19     May 11, 2009
  10. Thanks MGB. I actually checked out their website a while back. Their services seem intriguing.

#20     May 11, 2009