Trader Wars Great Game...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by NTB, Aug 1, 2007.

1. NTB

NTB

http://www.traderwars.co.uk/

You guys should sign up for this cool trading game. I always want to play but there aren't enough players signed up during US hours. This is a UK based game but it's awesome and I'm sure everyone would love it. Let's play, it's just for fun, no $$ at the moment.

2. I play pre-market and I have a blast. I remember one time I had sold 400 or so options at around 55. In the final 30 seconds I realized that the true value is probably much more.

I bid 60 - no sellers

Eventually someone sold me 500 @ 65ish. The options cashed out at 70.

It's an amazing game and the players are really cut throat.

I have to laugh at this one comment thought I've read about traderwars:

What a fucking idiot. It's amazing how large a population exists that think they know about stocks but make stupid comments like that.

What I would personally like to see is the game be continuous 24/7 so you don't have to wait for 4 players to join. And allowing players to bring in their full cash amount so people who are smart about their trading can make bigger bets and influence the market more than players that just wanna give their cash away.

3. Daxtrader

Daxtrader

This game is too easy with 4 players. They should have a 10 player game with more "numbers" as variables, that would make the game a lot more interesting.

4. Sounds like a plan. Let's fix up a time

5. A market without an asset... interesting... too easy to manipulate by the guys who run the place... however, if you're betting on say, the price of the S&P500 future at 4:00pm EST then you got yourself trading on some kind of public access ECN... [probably not something the regulators would love huh?], just change the asset to something less regulated, you can mae a market over anything... but you need an asset, otherwise any attemp to take a serious position is way too risky...