Trader w/ a felony coviction

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by dre, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Dre, seriously, what you need is not just any attorney. You need one specializing in Enforcement issues, one who has worked in SEC or NASD Enforcement . You will find these atttorneys in Washington , NYC, and Chicago almost exclusively. Expect to pay $500 per hour , but I would bet they can give you the necessary advice in a very short period of time because they have dealt with said issues before on both sides of the table.

I haven't read (dont know if you posted) specifically what you did --I mean I saw the code section but that's not fully explanatory.

Expect to put up a $5000 retainer. I would call a firm like Wilmer, Cutler and Pickering, or Schiff, Hardin and Waite. Those are just two firms I am familiar with as having attorneys who have worked the prosecutorial side of the fence also. I would not put much stock in a criminal defense attorney until advised of the necessity to do so by a securities lawyer.

If you PM me your full name, and details I will send you a few names to call, but remember these people have big clients and they have an entire department that does nothing but make sure there are no conflicts between representing you and work they are doing for an existing client. I think the real question is, "How much money are you willing to / able to spend to ATTEMPT to get registered.
    I don't need to know your full story , but i don't want to give you the name of a good attorney and then call them on your behalf and tell them I met this guy on a message board and don't know if he can pay.

#41     Apr 21, 2008
  2. dre

dre

Cutten

Thats fair enough. Perhaps I should say that I was going through some rough times and I had an opporunity to make a decent amount of money and I took the opportunity. I made a bad decision.

Had I not been going through the things I was going through personally and otherwise at that current moment, and that opportunity had presented itself I would not have been mad enough at the world to go through with it.

I made a deliberate choice to do something illegal but I deeply regret it and I am sincere about never doing anything illegal again. Its simply not worth it.

#42     Apr 21, 2008
  3. dre

dre

anyone else got some suggestions?

#43     Apr 24, 2008
  4. ehsmama

ehsmama

How about moving to a different country. Maybe HongKong, UK, Thailand.

#44     Apr 24, 2008
  5. >>How can an intentional action be a mistake? Unless you fell over onto a gun trigger and killed someone by accident, you'd be lying to describe it as anything other than deliberate.>>

I agree to cut the guy a break, he is asking for advice, not for another trial.

I am afraid the only one that can help you here is a very expensive attorney. You need $10,000 cash in hand to make the best lawyers interested in talking with you, and another $25,000 cash to see anything get attempted in court, to see your result come to pass. Without that money, this matter is not going anywhere until that ten years is up. There are your options. Good luck.

#45     Apr 29, 2008
  6. aragoona

aragoona

If your in New York, try to get a certificate of relief from civil disability and a certificate of good conduct. Research those and maybe you can have a chance.

#46     May 1, 2008
  7. go retail ... $25k and do not have to deal with license ... 4:1 leverage ...

#47     May 1, 2008
  8. bat1

bat1

What matters is how good a trader you are

you done any trading yet?
    made any money?
    your past means nothing

.......................................Can you make money does!

Keep a record of your trades
    that is what counts

Good luck!
    Ed

#48     May 1, 2008