Trader w/ a felony coviction

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by dre, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Awesome....they only care about misdemeanors related to fraud....

#31     Apr 12, 2008
  2. you can take the series 7 with a felony rap. as long as 10 years have passed since you completed your sentence. hopefully your pinch was'nt related to any kind of stock scam or fraud.
    i simply told my firm i have a rap sheet and always took responsibility;meaning i never cooperated. if i was a firm i would have a hard time sponsoring someone who cooperated.that tells me the guy cannot be trusted and has no heart. if you can handle the pressure of being interrogated,locked up,and facing a few years and stand up,you at least have the stomache to be a trader.

#32     Apr 12, 2008
  3. dre

dre

warrior,
    what firm are you trading for now?

#33     Apr 13, 2008
  4. you are fine as long as your conviction does not include theft of fraud. I guess I would look for a smaller firm to begin with.

#34     Apr 13, 2008
  5. dre

dre

How about starting an LLC and trading my own money under the LLC? Is that possible or legal with no license given that I wont be managing other peoples money?

#35     Apr 14, 2008
  6. I think your best bet is to going retail with $25k until you can resolve your conviction/S7 issues. At least you will be trading until then ....

good luck

#36     Apr 16, 2008
  7. dre

dre

Thanks. I think thats what I am going to do. I will trade retail for a while, speak to a few lawyers, and wrk towards getting this behind me. If anyone else has some tips please comment.

#37     Apr 16, 2008
  8. dre

dre

Anyone else have some advice or can answer my question? Thanks

#38     Apr 20, 2008
  9. Cutten

Cutten

How can an intentional action be a mistake? Unless you fell over onto a gun trigger and killed someone by accident, you'd be lying to describe it as anything other than deliberate.

#39     Apr 20, 2008
  10. People make mistakes.. Not all "intentional actions" are done with a clear head 100% of the time.

Cut the guy a break.

#40     Apr 20, 2008