Trader w/ a felony coviction

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by dre, Apr 9, 2008.

1. I been in the system for a few yearz now. It ain't eazy being a six figure trader and two time felon.

#11     Apr 9, 2008
  2. What was your felony conviction for?

I have drug misdemeanor charges....I'm a real screw up.

But a felony conviction? Honestly, that's not easy to get when you're young. Was it for drugs? Cuz I know some firms don't care if it was teen drug stuff (I talked with HR at a big mutual fund company)

If it was a violent felony, other than a bar room fight, I wouldn't hire you. Especially not with your aggressive attitude on this board. Are you black?

#12     Apr 10, 2008
  3. The guy made a mistake.

Now he's trying to clean his act up and get on with his life.

Jeez, help him or wish him on peace on his way, but you don't have to smack him around. Of course he's going to be sensitive about it.
    dre you need a lawyer to help you straighten this out ... just presevere and keep putting one foot in front of the other, and at the end of the road you are going to see that it was not such a big mountain to climb after all.

Good Luck.

#13     Apr 10, 2008
  4. zdreg

zdreg

I would think that would make you very popular with the opposite sex.
    what do you all think?

#14     Apr 10, 2008
  5. dre

dre

Let me just reply to a few people at once here.

Traderpro:
    I am located in Florida. If you do have anyone that you can refer me to that would be greatly appreciated.

2manywhiners:
    I am not going to bother arguing. If you feel the need to defend your girlfriend thats fine. I looks like I would be here waisting my time for weeks if I argue with everyone that has nothing better to do than stick their nose in other peoples business. So that said I wave the white flag. You win. I ll get back to business now, the issue at hand.

wutangfinancial:
    Mandelbroset pasted the charge I was convicted of as I am sure you can see.

Mandelbroset:
    Thanks for your understanding, and willingness to help. You nailed it. This is a sensitive issue and unlike some people I didnt find his comments very helpful and I felt like I was being attacked for asking a question as politely as I could if you read my thread. Anyway.

#15     Apr 10, 2008
  6. J-Law

J-Law

Dre,

In response to your request for help. Unfort, I don't know of anyone in FL to help. I wish I do, but don't.

But what I will offer is that keep at it, don't get discouraged. You'll get over or around this obstacle., & get your crack @ earning soon enough.

Disregard the pencil neck geeks talkin smack in this post. If they were in your shoes they would crumble like the big fairies they are.

HA !!!!!!!!!

Best of luck. Go get 'em !!!

J-Law

#16     Apr 10, 2008
  7. Pie throwing is stupid. Fortunately on ET it's about the only thing that ever happens... My point was that it is ignorant to get pissy with someone who just gave you advice (whether it was worthless or not is irrelevant) when you went on a public forum and asked for it... on a dozen different threads no less. He calls the guy a rude, insensitive, smart-ass that he'd like to punch in the face and all the guy said was "why did you post the same exact question in multiple threads? Kinda like shouting isn't it?" and "why don't you just day trade at home or something? No one will hassle you about your past... Good luck." All of that aside, after he was called out on being rude he thought it to be more worthwhile to avoid the normal pie throwing series of events that regularly occur on ET in similar situations, so that he could continue to attempt to find a resolution to his problem. That's commendable and (almost) a full reversal of the rude tone he had taken before (in spite of calling brocklanders my man-bitch). I have no advice to offer to dre, except that I agree with most of the constructive advice that sg20, Brandonf (in the other thread of the same name), and cstfx suggested. It's going to require a good lawyer and, unfortunately, quite a bit of time and money. What's really amusing though, at least to me anyway, is the way you (J-Law) throw in your two cents to seemingly do nothing more than try to refuel the ceasefire. For that, I congratulate you on being an asshole. Have some pie.

#17     Apr 10, 2008
  8. hmcp

hmcp

If its your only conviction you can try to have it expunged

#18     Apr 10, 2008
  9. meh, that's not so bad...just sucks you got a felony for it.

Thing is, it does show dishonesty, though. See, a place like Fidelity doesn't care if you had a DUI 10 years ago, or got caught with pot.

#19     Apr 10, 2008
  10. J-Law

J-Law

Dre, Once again. I know you'll get around this problem. Keep at it.

All the best....

J-Law :)

#20     Apr 10, 2008