Trader turned 12K into 6 MM by buying and holding Tesla calls since 2019

Discussion in 'Options' started by Pekelo, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

Yes, RobinHood account. His reasoning was sound though:

"I basically bought a bunch of Tesla calls between April and August 2019. Those calls were incredibly cheap. I started buying when I realized that Tesla will be able to mass produce their Model 3. All the analysts and bears were incredibly skeptical at the time that Elon will be able to consistently produce 5k cars per week.

Tesla was struggling and it didn't look good. Elon was sleeping in the factory, acting erratic on social media, smoking weed on Joe Rogan. Apparently Elon overautomated the factory and this was causing major problems. I think everybody was laughing at the tent they built outside and many people thought it was ridiculous and would never work. There were websites tracking Tesla VIN numbers and people were flying drones above their factory to prove that there is no way that they can make 5k cars per week and that Elon was crazy.

In 2019 Tesla unambiguously proved that they can do it, I was impressed... and their shares went down to like $180. And I was like... wtf... the biggest concern has been taken care of... why did the price go down? And I started buying a bunch of calls and shares. It felt extremely obvious to me at that point that I am printing money haha. I was thinking "who is this idiot that is selling me these options for $1"."

2. deltaf0rce

deltaf0rce

Peter Lynch reincarnated

jys78 likes this.
  3. Millionaire

Millionaire

He needs to do start a chat room for $299 a month and sell $2999 seminars

.sigma, ITM_Latino, zenlot and 8 others like this.
  4. Turveyd

Turveyd

Obvious after the event, sadly I don't think that far ahead, perfectly reasonible, 1 person out of the 7billion on this planet, had a plan and followed it through and it worked out great.

I need a PLAN!!!

dennis86 and Clubber Lang like this.
  5. I give him all the credit in the world for HOLDING.
    99.9% of people would have been selling along the way.
    He stuck to his guns. Great job!!

DTB2, cdcaveman, vanzandt and 4 others like this.
  6. Nobert

Nobert

,,Best" news i heard in a while.

I hope that he won't yolo it and keep doing well.

Good to read.
    (Unconsious mind associate thyself with that person, so if ,,he could" then ,,i can as well". Got to be careful with that tho, lottery type of thinking)

Onra and dealmaker like this.
  7. That's easy. Just glom onto the next "10-bagger in 2 years" and trade the stuffing out of its calls.

8. Turveyd

Turveyd

Sounds easy, but need a 100bagger from my level of poor!!

Scataphagos likes this.
  9. trader99

trader99

Great call!

I think one of the BIGGEST downside to daytrading is that it WIRES your brain to think short-term. In and out all day long. I would safely put myself in the top 1% of daytraders because #1 I'm net positive(LOL) #2 I regularly make low 4 figure days. But had I develop long term skills(which I could have but instead I spent my time honing my short term trading and timing skills) then I could make these kinds of 10 - 100 baggers.

oh well. One way or another I will get to 7 figures just not like that guy.

.sigma and Nobert like this.
  10. Nobert

Nobert

Drop a public note when that happens, so that some of us, could raise a glass of wine for your success.

#10     Sep 28, 2020
    .sigma and trader99 like this.