Trader Trainers

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by calibertrader, Sep 25, 2002.

1. I'll be glad to show you my P&L's, and then you can post on this site that you have met one. So there will be hope for those newbies that a trainer does exist that makes money.

#21     Sep 27, 2002
  2. No, about 7 of them are profitable traders. The other 4 prob won't make it, and the other 4 are newbies in the process of learning.

#22     Sep 27, 2002
  3. Thats interesting,so out of the 7 on average how long did it take them to become profitable.Out of the 4 that wont make it,was it clear to you from an early stage that they didnt have a chance and what skills/Traits do they lack.

#23     Sep 27, 2002

4. It took them on average from about 6 months to a year. I knew after about the 3rd to 4th month that the other 4 were not going to make it. They worried to much about the fact that they weren't making, then working harder to keep learning. They lacked discipline and the mental make-up needed for this business. Usually the mental aspect is what keeps a person from becoming a successful trader. Rarely is it that they can't understand what your teaching them.

#24     Sep 27, 2002
  5. TigerO

TigerO

Well, ok, so you're net profitable, then, as I'll just take you at your word.

Not to berate the point, but after extensive and decade long sell side experience, my experience, uh, is simply that profitable trading cannot be learned or imparted.

Either you have it, or you don't.

But anyway.

:D

Who cares, really.

Take care:cool:

#25     Sep 27, 2002

6. When you say they lack discipline,in what way.Lack of Concentration,Lack off pre-market study/after market study,Lack off Patience.Other than persistance and determination what are the other mental aspects needed.I am just very interested in what seperates the successfull Traders from the rest because I am seriously considering studying to become a Trader.

#26     Sep 27, 2002
  7. They became impatient way too soon or just didn't want to do the work required. One bad trade and they couldn't concentrate.

#27     Sep 27, 2002