trader tools

Discussion in 'App Development' started by 2rosy, Jul 3, 2012.

1. 2rosy

2rosy

What tools or utilities do you use while trading. I have several IB related software I wrote (spreaders, order blasters, marketmakers, options vol plots, ...) thinking about releasing.

As endusers, whats important? guis? docs? code? ..

2. byteme

byteme

Back again Rosy? Did you get banned?

To answer your question about what's important: what's important to you if you are an end user?

3. 2rosy

2rosy

:D someone went through the trouble to update my old posts

4. dom993

dom993

The tool that I use the most when I am trading is my office door.

Seriously.

Any trade my systems take & I don't feel comfortable with, I walk out & close that door. I should be am thinking about dedicating a (small) room to my trading PC :)

5. 2rosy

2rosy

I always write my own stuff. Whats important to me is working examples of an API. Working usage examples. Cookbook type stuff. Not rtfm.

But I am targeting end users with no programming skills; application end users...mass audience.

6. crmorris

crmorris

is your spreader boilerplate? if it's passive, leaning, can work multiple legs, and can spread multiple instruments (ratioed against an average, etc), then it might be useful.

most are paranoid about others software (as you yourself were apparently). i'd worry about proper error checking, user input prevents, and things going haywire.

7. 2rosy

2rosy

i did a spreader a while ago like that. I am not sure I have the code anymore though.
    http://miraclespread.wordpress.com/

8. iqfox

iqfox

I am using Google stock screener and some portfolio tracking and alerting services