Trader Tim Knight, creator of prophet.net, makes bold new call for Dow 5500

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Port1385, Nov 2, 2008.

1. [​IMG]

2. I like it, I think the bottom is somewhere in the 5000s or 6000s.

TV

3. I've been following his blog for over a year and the guy is a complete putz. His accuracy is worse than a broken clock and none of his readers make any money with his nonsensical log graphs. His charts are garbage and are of no predictive value. He calls himself a bear but is never able to hold a short position for more than a day or two. Had he simply shorted the averages a year ago and done NOTHING he would have made far more money than trading in and out.

4. stock_inv3st3r,

I've been following your posts for over 2 years. You're a complete putz. Your accuracy is worse than a broken clock (even a stopped clock is right twice a day). No one here at ET has made any money with your nonsensical picks. Your charts are garbage (remember your chart of Nasdaq 10,000 or whatever it was?).
    You call yourself a bull but you're nothing but bear food.
    Had you simply done the exact opposite of what you've recommended others do and nothing else you'd have made far more than by investing and praying. :D

5. hey I *love* stockturders opinions - they are invariably 180 degrees off, regardless of the specific subject; economy, trading, religion, politics, you name it. I have never seen a better contrarian indicator in my life, and diversified amongst disciplines, no less! Keep the opinions flying, stockturder!!!
    Odysseus

6. Probably, I woudl say even lower, if and only if, deleveraging continuous for a while.

IMO, P/E multiples are just like leverage in some particular sense. We may get to a point where people will not be willing to investe in secutities with a P/E higher than 5 for example. That will bring Dow to about the level he is talking about.

7. Lets give credit where credit is due.

Tim Knight has been steadfastly bearish before and during the market top.

8. and he has had a stunning return this year as a result while others have blown their accounts and lost untold amount of cash.

9. Where is that far right trendline coming from? Low of 33 and low of 83?

10. also the scaling seems to be off. What type of scaling is that chart?

#10     Nov 2, 2008