Trader Tim from SlopeofHope states to short BIDU

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by jackstone54, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Shorting strength is very rarely a good idea. Just because one thinks shorting bidu is a bad idea does not mean that bidu is a fantastic buy right now. The two are totally unrelated.

#11     Apr 18, 2008
  2. Babak

Babak

When Tim goes long something wake me up.

#12     Apr 18, 2008
  3. Going 'all in' on calls even of you're very confident is just poor risk management. In one nanosecond all your money is gone.

Do keep in mind though that Tim has many positions so even if he is wrong on Bidu his overall account won't be affected that much.

I would take most if not all of the stuff on that blog with a huge grain of salt anyway.

#13     Apr 19, 2008
  4. AAA30

AAA30

lol :D

#14     Apr 19, 2008
  5. dman666

dman666

It may not be a good idea for YOU. But some people may develop profitable strategies doing just that. I'm not saying that I short strength, but I just think some people may do it and do it successfully.

#15     Apr 19, 2008
  6. I know that..my point was simply to show how ridiculous some posters sound when they act so positive that someone elses call is incorrect.

Tim feels Bidu is a good short...Im not going to short it but those that post (not you) acting indignant as if they KNOW Bidu is going to shoot up another 20% just sound stupid.

#16     Apr 19, 2008
  7. dstod

dstod

How about buying a straddle (MAY) on this before earnings?

#17     Apr 21, 2008