Trader Status Tax Filing

Discussion in 'Taxes and Accounting' started by TradeUP1, May 12, 2008.

  1. TradeUP1


    I am new to this womderful site, and even newer to forums, so hope you will be bear with me. Have always done my own tax returns
    on TurboTAX but this year the complications are too much, so filed
    an extension, sent in $$, and now have to find a qualified person
    to complete and perhaps go back a couple of years to clean up my
    work. With all the new products (commodity ETF's, etc) I am wondering whether the CPA who can do this has to be a specialist.

    My question: Does anyone out there know if ANY CPA can do
    the correct filing or does he have to be a person who specializes in
    Trader Status? Anyone have experience with this? Would appreciate
    any imput. I contacted the Green people, but they aren't for me,
    and are too far away.