Trader Sold 19,000 SPX 2100 Puts

Discussion in 'Options' started by Option_Attack, Jan 15, 2019.

1. sle

sle

I do know it traded live and that it traded not through a large dealer.

#21     Jan 15, 2019
    nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  2. destriero

destriero

I am sure he's right about the disposition of the trade.

#22     Jan 15, 2019
    NQurious likes this.
  3. ajacobson

ajacobson

Another lot of about 3,600 of the same puts traded on Monday, helping boost the total number of the contracts to about 24,000 on the day. Some 5,500 of the contracts also changed hands on Friday, according to Trade Alert data.

#23     Jan 15, 2019
  4. In all the other related products it would be impossible to know what other positions the guy has on ..hard to guess imo

#24     Jan 15, 2019
  5. So did anybody's system pick it up ?

#25     Jan 15, 2019
  6. sle

sle

Well, you can't know for sure. However,

(a) you can see if there was open interest on that strike so you can tell if this was a trade to open (i.e. a new position)

(b) can see which other positions were open around the same time, so you can see if this was a spread of some sort

(c) usually you can get a floor broker to tell you if this was traded live or tied (i.e against delta) and in cases when it was traded live it would sometimes be possible to see the delta print

#26     Jan 15, 2019
    nooby_mcnoob and Stockolio like this.
  7. TommyR

TommyR

GS should hire more compliance officers to sit on the trading floor to monitor racist bloomberg chats and stop worrying about irrelevant stuff like positions/hedging

#27     Jan 16, 2019
  8. TommyR

TommyR

aren't GS frankfurt now anyway?

#28     Jan 16, 2019
  9. TommyR

TommyR

10. Pekelo

Pekelo

Why did you put SOLD in the title? Obviously somebody BOUGHT them too. Maybe that is more news worthy than selling far OTM insurance. And if it is a hedge, then it is just business as usual.

#30     Jan 16, 2019