Trader Required

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by dadelaw, Nov 25, 2019.

1. when market opens, my neighbor is working in the office, so few people share bandwidth with me.

#21     Nov 25, 2019
  2. gaussian

gaussian

You also have no SLA and in the event of the outage are the last person to get a repair.

T1 agreements are extremely useful. Do you need one? Probably not. But using a single residential example as a example of why they aren't needed is missing the point entirely.

#22     Nov 25, 2019
  3. lindq

lindq

Yes, in fact, I can picture that. Interesting.

#23     Nov 25, 2019
  4. Turveyd

Turveyd

That's me up all night, photo shopping 3years of damn brokerage statements :(

#24     Nov 25, 2019
    GregorySG9 likes this.
  5. dadelaw

dadelaw

Do your best!

#25     Nov 25, 2019
  6. destriero

destriero

Because he thinks that it sounds pro. A T1 is 1.5Mbps symmetric. Handle is a clown. I have 1Gbps to the home but perhaps I should upgrade to a T1. This just in... Bush beats Gore!

#26     Nov 25, 2019
    luckyfnlou, yc47ib and TheBigShort like this.
  7. speedo

speedo

:D:fistbump:

#27     Nov 25, 2019
  8. Overnight

Overnight

Guys, you do not need "bandwidth" for trading. You need low latency and no packet-loss. How much data do you think an order sent through your trading platform actually is?

#28     Nov 25, 2019
    dennis86, nooby_mcnoob and Turveyd like this.
  9. guru

guru

They will, if they want to get a slice of money to trade. And it's really difficult to trade $10M+ using a simple system that anyone is capable of figuring out but haven't done on their own yet.
    Though this may be the best (older) post on ET that I saved because it's very specific about this stuff, including about secrecy being dead:
    https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/starting-a-fund-raising-capital.241183/page-39#post-4015641
    "Secrecy is also dead. SMA are completely transparent and they will literally track your daily trades. Especially in a pool, you won't get an investment if you don't explain the process in pretty good detail. Startups don't get the luxury of guarding their system. You'd better be able to explain it concisely and confidently. Expect them to dig much deeper than you are comfortable with. You aren't trying to convince them that you are doing something that they couldn't do. You are trying to convince them that it isn't worth their effort. Secret edges are unacceptable in the modern market."

#29     Nov 25, 2019
  10. dadelaw

dadelaw

Are you saying that I will not find anyone who is serious and willing to trade this money? If so, you have been right for several weeks of my searching!

#30     Nov 25, 2019