Trader/Programmer Writes Novel

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by marketsurfer, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Just passing this along

<i>Dear Collective2 User:

You may remember me as the founder of Collective2, a trading Web site. But today I'm writing to you not as a trader, and not as a computer programmer.

Today I'm writing to you as a novelist. My first book, called CON ED, is about to be published by Warner Books. I want to tell you about it.

Nice reviews
    -------------

CON ED has received great advance reviews:

*Booklist called it: "A brisk, clever, and charming page-turner... CON ED is a winner, and crime fans should remember the name Matthew Klein."

* Kirkus Reviews said: "Pitch-perfect... A propulsive, noirish tale."

* Library Journal wrote: "Enough twists and turns to keep the reader firmly engaged and totally surprised at the end. CON ED is slick, clever, and thoroughly entertaining.”

So: if you like twisty suspense novels and funny characters, you'll love CON ED.

Please help
    -------------

Despite the good reviews, I'm facing a huge challenge. Because I'm a first-time author, no one has heard of me, except my family. (And even they sometimes look at me with a puzzled expression when I wake up and say "Good morning.")

That's why I am writing and asking for your help. Can I ask you to please walk into your local bookstore and request a copy of Con Ed? Even better, why not order a copy right now at Amazon.com or BN.com? Here are the links:

Amazon.com:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0446579556?ie=UTF8&tag=matthewklein-20

BN.com
    http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=2181&sourceid=41646199&bfpid=0446579556&bfmtype=book

If you buy CON ED, not only will you be helping a first-time author; you'll also acquire a book which I'm sure you will enjoy.

Finally, after you've had a chance to read Con Ed, please take a moment to write me and tell me what you think of the novel!

Best regards,

Matthew Klein

Author of Con Ed
    Founder of Collective2.com</I>

2. Surf, do you have a photo of you and M. Klein that you
    can post? Like the one you posted of you and N. Taleb?

I need it for the MySpace page.

Thanks,

Emilio