Trader Poll: How much is your house worth and what city do you live in?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by lolatency, May 10, 2009.

1. The Scientist is just talking about finding a statistically probable trading edge.

Anyway,

Midtown KCMO 1002 Sq Ft, 2 bed, 1.5 bath condo up 10% from Aug 2007 to $136k.

My prior residence was also in downtown KC renting a 1057 sq ft high rise luxury apartment at 909 Walnut for $1180 per month + $65/car/month in the garage.

Those apartments were converted into condos at around $220k.

#11     May 10, 2009
  2. A trading edge that requires months to years of research to find, and won't come from anybody but yourself. Stay away from indicators.

#12     May 10, 2009
  3. I was thinking it was some complicated software or something. I'm not sure of the definition of indicators, but I use Tick, A/D line, S/R lines and volume to me I consider them indicators but you may be talking about macd, rsi, stoch and such, which may work buy I could never get a handle on them, just made me confused.

#13     May 10, 2009
  4. that's awesome!
    how far from nearest commercial airport?
    pics of landscape? (what u see around I mean)

#14     May 10, 2009
  5. wartrace

wartrace

I'm not sure how to post photo's but the area is basically rolling hay fields & woodlots.

Nearest airport is Tullahoma,TN & the nearest commercial field is Nashville which is about 65 to 70 miles away.

#15     May 10, 2009
  6. Right, I'm talking about MACD, RSI, stoch, etc. Smart money does follow those metrics.

#16     May 10, 2009
  7. Any more lots like that? I'm looking for something similar.

#17     May 10, 2009
  8. Wellesley, Massachusetts.

1850 sq ft center hall colonial on 1/3 of an acre.

Value of the house; About what you'd expect.

Value of the Wellesley Public School system: Priceless.

The town has a population of about 22,000 but still plays home to four colleges (Wellesley College, Babson College, Olin College of Engineering, and Mass. Bay Community College). That's got to be some kind of record.

As for the public schools...

We recently relocated from Los Angeles, where are kids were enrolled in a very well-considered private school on the westside. We've been shocked to find that the education at the expensive private school was inferior to that offered by the public elementary school in our new neighborhood. By most accounts, that's no outlier.

Note to all parents out there; Wellesley schools apparetly kick some serious ass.

#18     May 10, 2009
  9. wartrace

wartrace

#19     May 10, 2009
  10. wartrace

wartrace

There are properties all over the area, you just have to do some shopping around with a realtor.

#20     May 10, 2009