Trader P/L 2008 - Trading Styles

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by CBuster, May 15, 2008.

1. CBuster

CBuster

I’ve been posting to the P/L thread for a little while now and I am getting curious about the trading styles of some of the other posters. Obviously I’m not asking for people to reveal edges – just some very general comments.

For example – I trade both futures and equities in US and Europe. My style is mostly mean-reversion. I do swing trade a bit but that isn’t included in my P/L postings. The rest of my trading now is intraday – typically 0-15 mins holding time for equities, 15mins to 2 hours for futures.

I’d be interested to hear some similar comments from the other regular posters

Cheers

2. Hey cbuster,

I trade only stocks. I'm a struggling range-breakout trader. I also trade news events. I just started trading the end of last year. I've lost lots of cash since I started trading, but I plan to be breakeven by the end of the year.

Later.

3. All US equity, trend reversal, breakouts. Trying not to scalp for small moves.

4. Currently only trade us stocks, options and once in a while when I feel like i have too much money in my account I trade the ES

I have been day trading by fading fear and greed. so far fading fear has been painful. fading greed has made some money.

I just started swing trading and only time will tell on that as I am so new that I still have most of my original swings going.

5. secxces

secxces

bump bump bump.