Trader P/L 2007 Questions and Discussion

Discussion in 'Trading' started by surfer25, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Break some ground, dig your grave! Burry you account with it!

#51     Sep 12, 2007
  2. Well, ET is certainly good for entertainment. This thread is hysterical! (ROFLMAO)

I must admitted I am surprised my daily post in P/L thread has garnered so much controversy. And with my numbers I guess I'm not surprised everyone's trying to figure out how I trade. I would be too if I were you. But I am not interested in discussing how I trade or manage to be so consistent (most days). After all this IS a public forum and you can all search and find many ET threads discussing why successful traders don't share their strategies. Bottom line, you are all my competitors.

I don't even consider myself a successful trader. I hope to be and might start thinking of myself as one if I can earn steady profits for a year or more in all mkt. conditions.

That said, this will be the last time I address anyone on ET who thinks my numbers are fake. As I've stated before, I don't care. To my broker and I, they are very real. All the doubters out there need to get a life and examine why you call yourselves traders. There is HUGE potential to take money out of the markets consistently every day and anyone who is a trader knows that. Hell, even the day I lost big money you don't believe. I can't "win" with some of you no matter what numbers I post. But again, I don't care. Perhaps if I divide my P/L by 20 every day and start doctoring my blotter you'll believe?

#52     Sep 12, 2007
  3. Of course. If you can't do something it must be impossible. Get off your high horse. Any average down martingale strategy could have produced those results.

#53     Sep 12, 2007
  4. Let's not forget that MBA had been LOSING CONSISTENTLY back in March of this year. It was so bad, I stopped visiting the P&L 2007 forum....it was painful to watch.
    Note: at that time, he was using a "system" that was built using ESignal.
    Bottomline:
    1) systems are great till they stop working.
    2) hard to replace human intuition and cognitive ability with dumb software. (read the book "Blink" and you'll understand this)

#54     Sep 12, 2007
  5. red ink, I guess sarcasm didn't come through in my post. I initially pointed out that it was not a flat day at all. And I do not believe all trade probabilities are 50/50. That was my meaning. Sarcasm and typing are tough to do. ;)

#55     Sep 12, 2007
  6. I would have to say I have found the opposite. I was no where near as consistent as I am now with the automated systems I have developed.

Systems at times will not work as well as they do at other times just as "screen traders" will have periods of reduced profitibility. A robust system can take into account far more information than someone in front of the screen. The key is to take in the right information.

That has been my experience.

#56     Sep 12, 2007
  7. Well 98% of ET are losers so don't think too highly of the respect they give you. I shouldn't even be on this site but I'm addicted to the comedy and drama of ET so I can't quit.

You're obviously a multimillionaire - and be grateful for that.

But I'm not one that confuses brains with a bull market. You've been enormously lucky to begin your trading career during best bull market in history, at the best day trading firm out there at the time, and to either be mentored by the best traders or be trading along side them learning from them. Quite frankly I bet if you started in 2005 like I did you wouldn't have made shit. In fact I bet you're still in a draw down for over 5 years now - that is to say you still haven't surpassed your old high water mark.

I think consistent guys like Spoos Top, MBAGH, Steve Tvardek, Spydertrader, Szeven are 10 times the trader than you will ever be.

The 'tell' for me was when you said you just went positive YTD in August - no top trader takes 8 months to go positive for the year despite having over 10 years experience. If you are at or near your high water mark form the bull market then I take everything back.

You're a good guy and this isn't a personal attack - I just feel that consistent and conservative traders are the the better traders worth learning from.

#57     Sep 12, 2007
  8. plodder

plodder

All the loosers post in PnL.
    They are either pretenders, braggarts or papertraders. Jack Hershey is the only winner on this board. Take it from me, one who\'s been there and knows.

#58     Sep 12, 2007
  9. Whatever - very few guys have the balls to post their PL each and every single day. I think the guys that post are just trying to take ownership of their PL and taking full responsibility for it regardless of profit or loss - and seeing where they stack up against other guys. Trading is a competition. That thread, in part, refutes the EMH theory that academia preaches.

As far as Jack Hershey - his greatest achievement was marrying a good looking, educated, and wealthy chick a full 30 years younger than him. I wish he would share his seduction techniques. As far as his trading abilities - we will never know, until he posts his blotters.

#59     Sep 12, 2007
  10. All credit to the guys posting in the P&L thread. Inspiring and interesting.

#60     Sep 12, 2007