Trader P/L 2006

Discussion in 'Journals' started by mnx, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lost 1000$ very pissed at myself, got a nice long position going on ford with 20 k shares, then the news hits cnbc about how fords december sales were down, someone was buying the hell out of it all day and continued for a couple minutes after the news, im thinking i should get out of long position and go short, but then i second guessed myself and thought "if it hit cnbc whoevers buying already knows about it" then all of a sudden some asshole hammers the bid down 3 cents with a 100,000 share order which I thought would get eaten before it got there because everything else had been all day, anyways 100kshares gets there everyone behind it pulls bid i end up taking a 1200 dollar loss.

just cant believe i didnt get out of the trade when i heard the news havent done something this stupid in a while.

#21     Jan 4, 2006
  2. Wouldn't you know it... the day I up my default share size on my strategy I get stopped out on all trades. Murphy's law at it's finest! :D

#22     Jan 4, 2006
  3. 92
    1800shares

some of which was on pbr. that was some crazy shait...

lost all my gains in the morning when doubling up towards the top (58)

scalped it a few times

1122am guy to show up at bid 14 for 30k, and ran up the stock
    my stop was around 10, which was the range 10-20 where i got interested in this stock.

done before 1200pm est

#23     Jan 4, 2006
  4. Here's my weak trade for the day!
    1- In
    2, 3 - Out!

#24     Jan 4, 2006
  5. Tired now, so I'll take what I made today.

#25     Jan 4, 2006
  6. -33.27 on 18,200 shares

so pissed! I was up about 600 bucks 30 minutes into the day (bought goog right before the open for a quick 200 plus a couple of excellent trades for about 15 a piece), but then I gave it all back

ended up flat on goog long/short (up a whole $.76 actually) and down 100 on aapl

all in all I had a fairly ok day other than aapl and goog. while the pnl doesn't show much, I had another good learning day with some truly excellent trades, if I do say so.

not so bad for being so tired! Still very pissed at myself for not quiting at 10

#26     Jan 4, 2006
  7. Szeven, you only get a cut of you earning? Nice result.

#27     Jan 4, 2006
  8. Good day again although not as good as yesterday.... Morning was awesome i had 2g's before noon, but the afternoon was slow and i spent time zoned out and not actively trying to make money.

#28     Jan 4, 2006
  9. mnx

mnx

not a bad day overall, spent the whole morning just to get even... still got smoked by my peers.

mnx

#29     Jan 4, 2006
  10. Would be nice if I could find some free money too, but I guess I have to earn mine. :D

#30     Jan 4, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.