Trader P/L 2005

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Diamondtrim, Jun 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. here is mine so far today. I have also done around 1.8 million shares of added liquidity on WBR today for another 3600 that is not in the P%L.

#31     Jun 14, 2005
  2. Very nice work !

#32     Jun 14, 2005
  3. No need to compare. You win hands down. My hat is off to you.

#33     Jun 14, 2005
  4. my platform's acting up, so i had to go into my account for the printscreen.

i think i'm doing well considering i'm getting my ass handed to me on a 2,000 share QQQQ position.

#34     Jun 14, 2005
  5. You must have a very high *technical* edge. Or is this all done on pure vision and discretion?

congrats in any case

i hope it's consistent, as that's what is most important

#35     Jun 14, 2005
  6. Would you mind disclosing what your gross/net per share is on average, if you calculate it that way?

#36     Jun 14, 2005
  7. great job. i enjoy your blotters too.

those small stocks that you trade.. do you just take 100,000 share (or so) hit or miss positions, or do you just scale in 10k-20k shares at a time each s/r level, collecting rebates along the way, until you're green?

i can't read CPN. i wish i could.

#37     Jun 14, 2005
  8. I dont calculate things like that. I calculate just daily P%L's and then subtract commissions from that. Usually I run right around 75% margins, but I am always aware of what I am spending on commissions. I add liquidity when stocks so provide that they can do that, and I trade news alerts when the stocks that I have set on alert recieve good news. For example, EAG just got some news I grabbed 132,200 shares at .22 (tried to get 500k this was my fill) and I flipped them at .24 for some profit. This type of trading is what I do in addition to the regular LU,NT,ELN, and F trading.
    When I trade listed stocks, I usually use size. Depending on the stock LU-usally around 100-200k at a time, NT the same, F and ELN i scale back because they move quicker and easier so I am usually 24k to 50k at a time. I keep my losses to a penny at a time or atleast I try to. I also try to buy size when there is something there to back me up to dump into if it does not work out for me. I.E. I buy 400k of LU on the bid using SDOT, but there is also CSE for 200k TRIM for another 200k ARCA INET and BRUT for an assorted 200k. I know I have 600k to dump into if it does not work out for me and I break even on the trade. I make sure I use routes that are either free to me or cost little to nothing to make the trades. It is a must in this type of trading. That is all that I am going to disclose, no need to let 8 years of knowledge and no how out of the bag. here is my updated blotter now with the eag profit.

#38     Jun 14, 2005
  9. mksummny,

very impressive!! keep up the good work.

I really DIG this thread. thank y'all for posting your blotters.

#39     Jun 14, 2005
  10. final P%L for the day. Im off to my pool for a swim. My blotter didnt change much, made a few hundred more. I ended up doing close to 3 million liquidity shares on WBR today for another 6k that is not in the blotter. ARCA pays .002 cents per share for adding liquidity. Post your blotters everyone dont let this thread die, its the best one on ET

#40     Jun 14, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.