Trader Nirvana???

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by NoviceTrader, Jan 3, 2003.

1. could i make a name like that up out of the blue? :) wide open spaces "where the skies are not cloudy all day." where the men are men and the sheep are nervous". :Di recommend it only if you like a whole lot of nothing. Hell's Kitchen, Wy has the market cornered on a "whole lotta nothin'" lol.:D

#81     Apr 10, 2003
  2. canuck

canuck

on an earlier post someone mentioned Canada. I disagree. Most people here would love to leave. Think of 10 months of cold, crappy weather, and 2 months of uncomfortably high heat and humidity. I too am considering moving, but only a warm place. Or at least if it's cold, that there's some skiing or some other activity to do other than shoveling my damn driveway.

oh, did I mention Canadian taxes are soooo high, and you can't write off your mortgage, etc.... don't get me started....

#82     Apr 10, 2003
  3. nitro

nitro

If I buy a car in Canada, as an American citizen, do I have to pay canadian taxes or US taxes? Also, when I drive the car accross the border, do I have to pay import taxes?

nitro

#83     Apr 10, 2003
  4. DTK

DTK

Taxes aren't that bad. If you register them as capital gains you only have to pay on half of the amount and cap gains tax is pretty low.
    You can't write off your mortgage, but you don't get taxed on the profits when you sell your primary residence.
    Cost of living is low compared to most places in the US.
    The equvalent salaries are also low to make up for that fact but if one trades in US equities and does okay it goes a long way in Canada after the exchange etc.

The weather does kick your ass though. Mine is still hurting.

My $.02.

#84     Apr 11, 2003