Trader Nirvana???

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by NoviceTrader, Jan 3, 2003.

1. You bastards have ruined my thread.

#51     Jan 4, 2003
  2. bro59

bro59

Alaska in the Summer, Bahamas in the Winter.

I think the Permanent Fund payout was $1500 bux this year, but I didn't apply for it because I'm out of the state so much. It fluctuates with the fortunes of the fund's various investments. No state income tax either, although every time the price of oil drops the legislature screams about implementing one. Cost of living is very reasonable in a place like Haines or Homer, a bit more in Anchorage and downright ugly in the "Bush" (Nome, Barrow, Dillingham, Cold Bay).

Recently visited Freeport with an eye toward trading there. I was favorably impressed.

#52     Jan 5, 2003
  3. DTK

DTK

No problem. I hope things work out for you.

#53     Jan 6, 2003
  4. DTK

DTK

How so?

Anyway as far as the US goes, I would imagine that Nevada and Florida have favorable tax considerations. If you want paradise, Hawaii wouldn't be bad if you can handle the hours. Cost of living may be somewhat higher because of the tourists though.

#54     Jan 6, 2003
  5. in a cool, tax free state......A few traders rent condos in the same complex, and it grows from there as others find out about it.......Many of us traders are young and single and can move where ever we want. Don't know about you guys, but it sucks not having other traders around.

#55     Jan 6, 2003
  6. Yes, yes and yes ...

#56     Jan 8, 2003
  7. cheeks

cheeks

Scottsdale, AZ. Very underated IMHO!

#57     Jan 8, 2003
  8. sunnie

sunnie

IMHO:

Only rarely do I get up early for the open anymore, I think it's a bad idea to trade at the open anyway...only trade the last hour or so, which is now 10 - 11 AM Hawaii time, leaves a good chunk of the day free ....

Cost of living is higher, but not due to the tourists - that's a more complicated issue best left for another day :)

And for the record, there is no better place to live in than the good ole USA, safe within our borders....trust me, I've lived in other foreign countries, and it is no fun being a "guest" in someone else's country...as they are always TOO happy to remind you!
    :eek:

#58     Jan 9, 2003
  9. thanks for the reply

tried to pm... but mailbox full.

Was thinkng about maybe coming down for a break in a month or so.. was thinking Nassau/Paradidse Island.. but after reading this forum thought maybe I'd visit in Grand Bahama and take a boat over to Paradise Island.

Wanted to ask you a couple things... how can I reach U

I

#59     Jan 9, 2003
  10. I will PM you my number.

#60     Jan 9, 2003