Trader Nirvana???

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by NoviceTrader, Jan 3, 2003.

1. DTK

DTK

I'm going to throw this in since Metooxx seems to be MIA. Perhaps paradise got to him and he had to take a break from Freeport to visit his old stomping grounds.

Anyway, Freeport, Grand Bahama seems to be a great alternative to staying in the U.S. If you are an American citizen you pay less taxes (not 0, but significantly less than if you were to stay in the US). It’s a quick trip from Miami. Nice tropical climate... etc.

I am planning a trip to see things first hand perhaps late this January for a potential move out there later this year.

-DTK

#31     Jan 4, 2003
  2. I think this is what ges is talking about:
    Alaska Permanent Fund Corporation (APFC) http://www.apfc.org

#32     Jan 4, 2003
  3. toby400

toby400

Having travelled around America and France my choice would be the latter:

Friendly people, a culture stretching back centuries, good food, space, relaxed attitude, geographically literate, and great life style.

And hardly a dubya supporter among the entire European Continent, ( Except Bush's poodle - Blair)

:p

#33     Jan 4, 2003
  4. skeptic123

skeptic123 Guest

Right, plenty of Arafat, Hussein and Chechen terrorists' supporters instead.

BTW since when are the French friendly to Americans and other english speaking folks for that matter? I do not want to generalize, but that was never the case.

#34     Jan 4, 2003
  5. Here are a list of great places you could spend a couple of months of the year trading from. All have reasonable intenet connections.

London - lived there for two years, great fun. Whether is Ok over summer

South of France - don't like Paris much

French Alps - ski in the morning trade the US markets in the evening. I actually met other traders at the internet cafe.

Prague - Europes most beautiful city. Amazing looking chicks. Trade in the evening

Anywhere in Italy. All good

Perth Australia. Surf all day. Trade US markets in the late evening.

Germany - good for about a month or two. Maybe too drunk to trade in the evening.

Amsterdam. Great people. Beautiful city.

Bahamas. Similar time zone as US.

There are plenty of places in the world to trade from. If you can trade from somewhere else, why not do it.

Most countries will give you a three month holiday VISA. Think of it as a working holiday.

Runningbear

#35     Jan 4, 2003
  6. Chincoteague, VA

In fact some day i do plan on moving there.

I could write a description of it but that would take 2 hours at least, not because it is a huge place or because it has so much "to do"....it just feels like home.

#36     Jan 4, 2003
  7. And they don't know anything about feminism..

#37     Jan 4, 2003
  8. ges

ges

The State of AK. When I lived in AK, it was about 1000 per person per year.

gs

#38     Jan 4, 2003
  9. Would one be able to get high speed internet piped into their 'home'. For example in Freeport? Can't see trading fo a cyber-cafe!

Or what about getting Bloombergs/cnbc for example?

Anyone else considering relocation to an Island or other "exotic" locales, given much thought to Net speed? I'm not a day trader (but this year considering incorporating it into my trading plan), and yet speed is utmost importance. Wouldn't it be even more so for a "day trader" ?

#39     Jan 4, 2003
  10. But that's not necessarily a good thing. Also, Czech whores are cunning. They might have you THINKING they don't know anything about feminism when really they are just putting on an act to please you. And unlike American whores, they usually aren't happy with just spending money and a nice Mercedes, they want to ensure they will keep bleeding you dry for the rest of your life.

It's probably not the right place to post this, since I believe most males on this forum are looking for a whore like that and don't mind (or even enjoy) wasting money on fake love. In that case, Czech chicks are definitely what you are looking for! Have at it, but don't blame me if you ever have an epiphany when it's too late.

#40     Jan 4, 2003