Trader Nirvana???

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by NoviceTrader, Jan 3, 2003.

1. lescor

lescor

Move to Canada, you get an extra 50% on your profits because of the exchange rate. Many things are the same price here in Canadian dollars as they are in the US in American dollars.

I'm looking at a new 1800 sq foot house in a nice neigborhood for under $200k cdn, that's $130k usd. A new vehicle is probably 25% less here becuase cars, like many things, are priced to the local market, not based on how much it costs to make them. I could live a decent middle class lifestyle on less than the poverty line in NYC.

If you really want to stretch your dollars, try eastern europe.

#21     Jan 3, 2003
  2. or Laos

#22     Jan 3, 2003
  3. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Or Afghanistan.

--Db

#23     Jan 3, 2003
  4. nitro

nitro

Or the South Pole...

nitro

#24     Jan 3, 2003
  5. ges

ges

lescor,

Are you a Canadian citizen?

I really like Canada and even looked into immigrating, but I don't think I would score very high on their priority ranking.

What is it like to live in Canada if you are a US citizen. Do you pay double taxes?

gs

#25     Jan 3, 2003
  6. gnome

gnome

Afgani women... Yeaaaah! :D

#26     Jan 3, 2003
  7. great forum...

This is something I have ben putting a major amount of conisderation into recently. I now live in Chicago. My first choice would be Vancouver; but I have not reconciled the issues of health insurance, car insurance and other related important matters, not he least of which is a visa for longer than 6 months; believe a visitor visa is only good for 6 months and then technically you are in violation of immigration laws.

Another factor with other exotic places in the world would be a need for high speed internet.. i.e. cable/dsl. I am spoiled and would have trouble getting used to an ISP again; and I am a mainly a position/swing trader.

I have also thought about Hawaii, but once had a freind who moved there from here, and said he got Island phobia. He commented that living on an Island is much difference than visting for a few weeks.

Have also looked into New Mexico, North Carolina, and Paris.

I love the outdoors, nature, water, mountains... and all related activities. SO that would be a factor.

Ice

#27     Jan 3, 2003
  8. ges

ges

I lived in Alasaka for several years and loved it. The trading hours would be wierd, but that wouldn't bother me.

No state tax. No sales tax. And you still get a nice annual dividend check.

gs

#28     Jan 3, 2003
  9. mojo59

mojo59

Don't get me wrong as I love the U.S. of A but a place that meets all those qualifications is Mexico. My goal now is to escape 3 months of winter in San Miguel.

#29     Jan 4, 2003
  10. nitro

nitro

What do you mean by this? From whom?

nitro

#30     Jan 4, 2003