Trader Nirvana???

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by NoviceTrader, Jan 3, 2003.

1. The cost of living is something I keep note of. In many cities, a house or condo can easily run $300K with the attendant punishing property taxes and assessments. (I'm not even thinking of NYC or SF.) If the cost of living increases much more, entreprenuers may seek to do business in countries with lower expenses and lower hurdles. Already many retirees are expatriating for that reason. In indexes of small business friendliness, they look for low taxes/regulations AND a low cost of living.

#11     Jan 3, 2003
  2. Considering the number of people who want in, so do quite a few others, all over the world.

You asked; I answered. If you don't like the answer, you can provide one of your own. At least in the U.S.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did not say i like it or not. I responded because you said
    USA is the best country in the world to live, and because it
    is not trute.
    "You had to write one of the best country in the world".
    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

remember " home sweet home" , home is where your heart is
    and economy cant buy it for every one. Face the fact.

#12     Jan 3, 2003
  3. Bahamas... or

Ibiza?

#13     Jan 3, 2003
  4. Ditch

Ditch

You gotta have a skin as thick as an alligator to stand that heat.:p

#14     Jan 3, 2003
  5. Ditch

Ditch

There's only one country that has it all: France. If it wasn't for the French...

#15     Jan 3, 2003
  6. Name some.

#16     Jan 3, 2003
  7. America is still the best country in the world, but if they don't get rid of benefits that reward people for not working the US will inevitably turn into the same sh!t hole most of Europe has become. And China will lead the world economy.

In my opinion (which might be wrong, as you all know) American technological supremacy is based on three facts:

1. Best living conditions attact brains from all over the world.
    2. Economic and political restraints are not (yet) strong enough to nip innovation in the bud.
    3. If you have almost 300 million humans reproduce in a virtually uncontrolled fashion and have working people's taxes pay for procreation bonuses of all sorts, a significant number of "freaks" who happen to have brains able to do more than feed and mate will be produced.

And now, consider this dismaying observation:

China can easily manage 1. and 2. (and they are getting there faster than we would have thought a few years ago). As to 3, I guess those among you who are still reading my post don't require me to spell it out.

#17     Jan 3, 2003
  8. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

So you substituted your answer for mine, which, as I said, you are entitled to do. At least here.

--Db

#18     Jan 3, 2003
  9. To easyguru

Name some
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

No , stay in your heaven, if you have not figured it out yet,
    and never ride an airplane to travel aboard because it is
    boring and too dengerous.

#19     Jan 3, 2003
  10. miniTrdr

miniTrdr

san diego-
    no humidty, no rain, doesnt get to hot or cold
    beaches, mountains, deserts
    i also think since its sunny year round people tend to keep in shape and look better

#20     Jan 3, 2003