Trader Nirvana???

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by NoviceTrader, Jan 3, 2003.

1. Assuming you could pick up and move anywhere in the USA and continue trading where would it be? I've been thinking quite a bit about this lately. My list has warm weather, favorable taxes, low probability of Natural Disaster and some moisture. Unfortunately I haven't figured out where Trader Heaven is.

2. I have been thinking about the same thing. I am considering purchasing a second home in Florida.

So far, I have narrowed it down to the west coast of Florida, anywhere between Sarasota and Clearwater.

I would love to spend 4 or 5 months a year there.

3. Why traders heaven has to be in United state only.
    Don,t you guys get tired of living within the same culture.

You can travel, live and trade from any part of the world.

4. pug

pug

I'm moving to Tampa in 6 mos. Lived there once, loved it.

Also like the mountains of Colorado.

5. If you like a faster pace and love the outdoors consider Denver.

The city has a lot to offer but the reason I moved there orgionally(not currently there) is that the market closes at 2:00 and Keystone has a nite session for snowboarding/skiing so you can snowboard afterwork.

If you don't like that idea, there are a zillion other things to do as well and with telecom in such a slump it's a buyers market out there for housing and condo's right now.

Also it's not really that cold there.....it's the elevation as you head into the mountains that allows the resorts to get so much snow. It will be 60 and sunny in Denver during the spring while two hours away it can be 30 and dumping snow in Vail. :)

Statwise, the hottest month is July with an average temp of 73 and the coldest month is Jan with an avg temp of 30 F.

Damn....I got to get back out there soon.

:mad:

6. Pug and/or anyone else,

Which part of Tampa would you recommend. Are there any other places in the surrounding area that you would recommend?

7. nkhoi

nkhoi

Disney World

8. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Because the United States is the best country in the world.

--Db

9. Because the United States is the best country in the world
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do not want to be rude here, especially 90% of traders here
    might be americans i guess. But i have t say " not nesseccerly"

It is just your or other americans, or people like Mr. Bush
    opinion that think US is the best place to live. I have met
    lote of american that are fed up of the "rate race and
    PC non-sense" every day.

If vanished that good economy that you have, i guess not
    many need to migrate to united state. Think "why i am on this
    forum"? good economy. thats it.

Frankly there are many better places with lower living expanses
    , better climate, no mean people suing your ass everyday, and much more relaxed culture. No offense

10. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Considering the number of people who want in, so do quite a few others, all over the world.

You asked; I answered. If you don't like the answer, you can provide one of your own. At least in the U.S.

--Db

#10     Jan 3, 2003