Trader Myers-Briggs Personality Type

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by malaka56, Jan 14, 2006.

What is your MBTI type?

1. SJ

20 vote(s)
    6.1%
  2. SP

10 vote(s)
    3.0%
  3. NF

40 vote(s)
    12.1%
  4. NT

222 vote(s)
    67.3%
  5. Don't know what those letters mean!

38 vote(s)
    11.5%
  1. It means you're probably fun to get a beer with...my personal opinion is that "ntj" is usually a good combination for a trader as well.

#11     Jan 14, 2006
  2. Liz is ENTJ; I'm XNTJ

#12     Jan 14, 2006
  3. ajayvee

ajayvee

INTJ - I've tried for 30 years to become an "E" but can never get out of my head. Oh well.:confused:

#13     Jan 14, 2006
  4. mizer

mizer

INTJ here:cool:

#14     Jan 14, 2006
  5. Arnie

Arnie

Well, so far NT is winning and that sure says alot and conforms to what I have seen for a long time.....rational people make lousy traders. What comes to mind are all the "engineer" and phd types I have seen blow up. They just can't believe they are wrong and that is a mortal sin when it comes to trading. Not saying smarts don't matter, they def do, but you need to admit when you wrong. A bullheaded trader is a dead trader. :D

#15     Jan 14, 2006
  6. First time I have ever taken one of these tests:

INTJ

Very interesting and thanks for sharing.

#16     Jan 14, 2006
  7. 2nd time I've taken this test. 1st was in one of my psych classes and it was far longer and more detailed. However, both results were the same.

ESTJ

1%, 33%, 88%, 45%

#17     Jan 14, 2006
  8. malaka56

malaka56

Interesting there are so many INTJs. Especially considering how rare this type is in the general population. The NT prevalence doesnt surprise me so much, as this board seems geared toward "do it yourself" retail traders, and market analysis would attract NT types in the first place. I'm a little skeptical of the results, but interesting none the less.

What is really surprising is how many people we have strong with the Introverted dimension. For Americans, that is quite rare, and I wouldn't think traders would be any more subject to being Introverts than extraverted, but then again, as I said earlier about the "do it yourself" type demographic of ET, perhaps Introverted traders are more likely to succeed as home based traders due to the lesser need for socialization...
    But just reading some of your posts language usage and writing style makes me think twice about if your types truly are INTJ.

#18     Jan 15, 2006
  9. The result of this poll so far confirms an observation I made while working for different brokerage companies, i.e. that by far the biggest of their client groups usually consisted of engineers.

Don't get me wrong here: I just stated the biggest, not the most profitable :D

#19     Jan 15, 2006
  10. INTJ
    Strength of preferences: 22/100/1/56

#20     Jan 15, 2006