Trader Myers-Briggs Personality Type

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by malaka56, Jan 14, 2006.

What is your MBTI type?

1. SJ

20 vote(s)
    6.1%
  2. SP

10 vote(s)
    3.0%
  3. NF

40 vote(s)
    12.1%
  4. NT

222 vote(s)
    67.3%
  5. Don't know what those letters mean!

38 vote(s)
    11.5%
  1. malaka56

malaka56

For those of you familiar with Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) this may be an interesting poll into what kind of people gravitate towards trading, and if it matches the demographics fround in the general population. I would have put all 16 types to choose from, but there was a maximum limit of 10 choices, so we are forced to use the 4 primary types: Guardian (SJ), Artisian (SP), Rational (NT), Idealist (NF). If you would like to put your entire type in a post, that would be great.

For myself, I am an ENTJ. Very strong on the N and T dimensions, fairly strong on the J dimension, and borderline on the E dimension, but still in E territory. I would imagine there would be a surplus of NT types trading as retail traders from home, but more SJ guardians employed at large firms. Just my guess....

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. swinger

swinger

Those answering this poll who are not familiar with Myers-Briggs might find it helpful to take a test that will evaluate their personalities.

I used the test at the following link to determine that I am an INTJ.

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

3. DrChaos

DrChaos

I'm INTP. Theoretical physicist. Not surprising, really.

4. malaka56

malaka56

I thought about putting a link for an online test, but I've found a lot of people with little MBTI experience type themselves wrong, answering what they *want* to be, instead of what they actually are. Especially in trading where "emotionless" thinking is heavily emphasized, I could see a lot of people typing themselves inaccurately. I would imagine trading would have a higher percentage of men also, which would skew the results to "T" types...

If you want to have an accurate assessment of your type, and you have never had outside input on your MBTI before, I suggest going through a test with someone who knows you well, to avoid bias, as we are all biased when judging our own actions and thoughts. Also, you can read behavior profiles for each of the 16 types to see if it matches how you find yourself living day-in and day-out.

5. I got INTP too from that test....amazing?

Architect Rational.

But....crap, I dont want to be an INTP. I want to be more extroverted.

It must be this trading thing making me worse.

6. Neodude

Neodude

7. INTJ.

Took the test several times since I found out about it about a few years ago. Still an INTJ. Thought I would change for some reason. Guess not.

8. rcj

rcj

FCKD :(

9. I'm an intj, my trading partner is an infj (rarest type)

I've studied myers-briggs for awhile now and would guess most "s" types wouldn't become traders in the first place, either for themselves or for a large institution.

10. ozzy

ozzy

ENTJ - Is that good?

#10     Jan 14, 2006