Trader Monthly RIP

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by luxor, Aug 25, 2009.

1. He hermits hobos and leprechauns defend themselves. Quite funny. It's about making money bozos. Not trading. Lots of money on wallstreet but none to little for the retail trader. You are the ones funding the ones who purchase the products in the magazine. Wake up hobos hermits and leprechauns! Well not all of you but obviously those who don't undestand the magazine

#31     Aug 26, 2009
  2. Evidently, there was not enough "understanding" out there to keep your toy boat afloat. Guys like you operate on too high a level for the rest of us to understand. I can only imagine the number of watches you must have bought as a result of the magazine's ads. Unlike the rest of us mooks, you did your part.

#32     Aug 26, 2009
  3. The lead hermit hobo or leprechaun needs to learn to read. Magazine closed due to poor management not lack of demand. Most trade magazines are free to the trade bozo. Only losers hobos hermits and leprechauns pay

#33     Aug 26, 2009
  4. ^^^ This

I found the mag useless to be honest and Stocks and Commodities to be a better read.

#34     Aug 26, 2009
  5. Bakinec

Bakinec

Marcus Grieves...or whatever the dude's name is, never seemed like a bright one to me.

Speaking of which, I'm holding a new issue in my hands now :D

#35     Aug 26, 2009
  6. I like the watches in the magazine.

#36     Aug 26, 2009
  7. AK100

AK100

You're right there, apart from the name, it's Magnus, and it's a classic reason why -

a) many people should realise the only reason they made good cash in the past (or are doing so now) is nothing more than 'right time - right place'

b) But even you do make money in one industry (because of your skills) that doesn't mean you can port the success into another as many good traders have found out to their cost......

#37     Aug 26, 2009
  8. HotTip

HotTip

#38     Aug 26, 2009
  9. the magazine didnt really address the retail trader's needs and desires like it should have.

It focused more on million dollar vegas penthouses and traders working at goldman sachs.

If this were a car magazine, it'd be porsche magazine, not "car and driver magazine" which would appeal to a much wider audiance.

to be honest i bought the mag so i could day dream and drool over the things i always wanted..the articles themselves held little value.

and what the hell was johnny chan doing in the mag?..he's a poker player, not a trader.

#39     Aug 26, 2009

10. a guest of one of the invited traders.

:D

#40     Aug 26, 2009