Trader Monthly RIP

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by luxor, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Trader Monthly celebrated great traders. At least like a great trader they know how to cut their losses.

#21     Aug 25, 2009

2. Yes This is why the hermits hobos and leprechauns on this site will never understand

#22     Aug 25, 2009
  3. at least heavy hitters mag is still around

#23     Aug 25, 2009
  4. I personally liked the magazine (Although like most I bought a issue in 2006 then never paid for one since!) Even though most information can be found online both useless and useful in any case I still enjoy picking up books and magazines versus sitting in front of a PC.

Don't get me wrong Trader had no useful information but I found it entertaining none the less and I wish I could one day have a $25k watch for each suit.. oops wait I don't wear a watch!

Trade well!

MC

#24     Aug 25, 2009
  5. Perhaps if you were to take a moment to realize that you are glorifying their going out of business...

#25     Aug 26, 2009
  6. How is stating the obvious that tis site is populated by hermits hobos and leprechauns glorifying magazene going out if business? Poor management put em under not the marketplace

#26     Aug 26, 2009
  7. You speaking from personal experience?

Oh and by the way, Trader Monthly was entertainment, nothing more. Anyone of substance knew that the magazine had little substance. Their top performer lists were comedy, since they did almost no due diligence whatsoever and often included blatant poseurs on the lists.

#27     Aug 26, 2009
  8. 1. If you're not going to connect your own dots then don't expect others to do so for you.

2. They had to give their "$10" magazine away for free and couldn't hold on to advertisers that supposedly catered to their readership. Therefore, neither their intended audience nor their advertisers gave enough of a shit to render it a going concern. I'd say poor management AND the markertplace put them out of business. Of course, I could be wrong.

#28     Aug 26, 2009
  9. volente_00

volente_00

To simplify, lack of demand from all sides.

:)

#29     Aug 26, 2009
  10. Succinctly put. And with a slogan that reads "See It, Make It, Spend It," was there really ever any doubt? Is such a slogan really about trading? Or is it about "Look at me!" Let's not confuse crass with class. And so, I'd say it was a magazine more about posing than it was about trading from what I have read and heard about it. Perhaps management should be given credit for keeping the turd afloat for as long as it has...

#30     Aug 26, 2009