TRADER MONTHLY BROKE? doubledown folds???

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by marketsurfer, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

No suprise they are going broke. I canceled the free subsciption they sent me, god knows why anyone would pay to get it. And I doubt that any serious traders, those who are "29, making 400K a year and spending all of it" have the time to look at the rag between work and impressing their friends.

#21     Jun 27, 2008
  2. I was talking to Rich at last years 30 under 30 party. he is the guy who is the face of the mag. you always see him talking up the new issues on CNBC. he was telling me they get all there money via advertising mostly from condo buildings. it will be difficult environment right now by giving the product away for free and depending upon the real estate for money.

I did a follow up this week with them this week and everything seemed normal

#22     Jun 27, 2008
  3. Midas

Midas

#23     Jun 27, 2008
  4. cstfx

cstfx

Print may disappear. It is the most expensive aspect of the publication. They apparently have enough online traffic to continue going forward for a bit.

I heard that they took a 1200 member subscription and grew it to over 160k over a 3-4 yr period before they lost what they had. Supposedly most of their free subscriptions were sent to rather illiquid traders who couldn't afford the crap in the magazine. (Cough, cough. Sounds so familiar!!)

#24     Jun 27, 2008