TRADER MONTHLY BROKE? doubledown folds???

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by marketsurfer, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Surdo

Surdo

There is only one member here that constantly quotes him, put him on ignore if need be!

#11     Jun 27, 2008
  2. Trader Monthly. Their slogan should have been "an ounce of pretension is worth a pound of manure."

#12     Jun 27, 2008

3. this is quite the news story if true. nothing to do with pumping, sykes just got the story first.

surf

#13     Jun 27, 2008
  4. buylo

buylo

What a hippocrate!

Wasn't Timmay bitchin' about how he couldn't get into their party to be a part of all that crap?

#14     Jun 27, 2008
  5. HotTip

HotTip

Sykes and Lane -- two insignificant Wall St. hotshot wannabes getting into a pissing match. It gets pretty catty on the D-list.

I flipped through a Trader Monthly issue at the bookstore and was annoyed at how pretentious it was. And why name your company "Doubledown"? They predicted their own flame out with that name.

Trader Monthly and Portfolio magazine are the two worst financial rags out there.

#15     Jun 27, 2008
  6. artis74

artis74

Trader monthly is a farce. They did a piece on top 30 under 30 and used a chick who I sat next to.

She was extremely attractive, tall, multi-lingual and a black belt.

That being said she carried a 6 figure debit for well over 18 months before she was fired.

#16     Jun 27, 2008

7. portfolio is decent, and i enjoy TM. whats wrong with portfolio--conde nast has some big bucks riding on this one.
    surf

#17     Jun 27, 2008
  8. I believe you.
    :p

#18     Jun 27, 2008
  9. 50_Bip

50_Bip

Immediately short all public watch manufacturers.

#19     Jun 27, 2008
  10. I think you mean to say buy buy buy. Less money spent on ad revenue equals more profits. sales remain the same as pikers who read TM don't buy those watches anyway.:p

#20     Jun 27, 2008